control panel problem hotfix from microsoft?

poopy

Limp Gawd
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936686/

Just found this KB article after digging through Microsoft's site. Anyone want to test it out? I don't have access to my vista machine at the moment.

We really need a better way of finding KB articles and hotfixes. Using search to find what your looking for is difficult because you don't know how the author worded the problem.

You have to contact microsoft support and get the hotfix from them. If it has been more than 90 days since you activated vista, they charge $60 per support call/chat/email. However, I don't think they charge you if all your requesting is a hotfix.

This is from the Hotfix: "Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question."

Or you can just wait until the service pack comes out.

looks to me like its just a beta hotfix since it mentioned it might receive extra testing and thats why you have to call and ask for it.

Back