Converting an XviD to play on OSX?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
I've got an XviD-encoded AVI on my Windows box. I need to get it to a format that a Mac with OSX can play without any extra codecs. I'm assuming I need to convert this to some kind of a Quicktime format, yeah? How?

I know vitrually nothing about Macs, but I understand codecs and players enough to know that I can't just play this XviD file on a Mac.

InorganicMatter said:
I know vitrually nothing about Macs, but I understand codecs and players enough to know that I can't just play this XviD file on a Mac.
Well, you can't just play Xvid files on Windows without extra codecs.

If you can't touch the Macs that will be playing the file, I would head over to Doom9 and look for a program that will convert Xvid to H.264 simple profile, or invest in QuickTime Pro.

just download videolan, no codecs, will play xvids, divx, etc. Do you really believe the entire mac world is converting every divx/xvid etc they need to play? logic ftw.

Tutelary said:
just download videolan, no codecs, will play xvids, divx, etc. Do you really believe the entire mac world is converting every divx/xvid etc they need to play? logic ftw.
Ppl like to use Front Row. That's the reason I looked for just about every codec for Mac out there.

VLC to watch, isquint to encode, isquint is amazing

Back