Converting DVD to Ipad2

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
Did a search here on the topic and found a suggestion for a free program called Handbrake. Unfortunately, the file converted had choppy video and audio.

Tried another program called Daniusoft DVD to Ipad Converter. Works nicely on trial except for the dang watermark in the middle of the screen. My toddler probably won't complain, but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for alternatives on a converter.

You're missing a step. Handbrake doesn't remove copy protection, which is why its output looked bad. Use a ripper program like Slysoft AnyDVD first (or Mac The Ripper if you're using a Mac), then use Handbrake. Use Handbrake's preset for AppleTV to encode for iPad. For converting BluRay discs, use MakeMKV to rip to an MKV file, and then Handbrake can convert that.

AnyDVD isn't free though, is it? I remembering buying a copy a long time ago, but I'm sure that serial is now long gone.

I thought Handbrake rips when you have VLC installed?

I dunno, I rip everything with AnyDVD HD first :D

AnyDVD isn't free though, is it? I remembering buying a copy a long time ago, but I'm sure that serial is now long gone.

While there are free "tools" out there, you seem to be the kind of guy who wants a solid set of tools with little effort in using them (you were willing to shell out $500+ for an iPad). Therefore, why wouldn't you pay for something like AnyDVD HD to keep that level of effort where it is?

While there are free "tools" out there, you seem to be the kind of guy who wants a solid set of tools with little effort in using them (you were willing to shell out $500+ for an iPad). Therefore, why wouldn't you pay for something like AnyDVD HD to keep that level of effort where it is?

Actually, I'm not the type of guy who would normally shell out $500 for an iPad. I paid the tax for the iPad as I was given a $500 gift card for any Apple product when I put money into a brokerage account. I'm typically a non-Apple type of guy. But thanks anyway.

Put in DVD.
Install/Run DVD shrink, save DVD onto pc as an ISO file with DVD shrink.
Install VLC.
Install/run Handbrake.
Pick the DVD ISO file in Handbrake to convert.
Convert as Ipad preset.
Upload to iPad.
Watch movie.

I've done this to my entire DVD collection. DVD shrink ripping with no converting takes about 15 mins. Handbrake is about 20 mins with my CPU.

Back