Cool & Quiet Vista 32-bit

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
How do you enable it? I know that there is no official driver from AMD. It is enabled in my bios (see sig for specs) - I tried downloading that XP 32-bit driver, ran it in XP compatibility mode w/ admin rights, and it installed correctly.

I can also see this when I create a custom power scheme which I even named Cool&Quiet (it wasn't there before):
capturede8.jpg

Yet CPUZ still shows stock settings. Anybody else have this problem?

Is it enabled in your Bios? Although I do not recomend you run C&C while O/Cing.

I beleive selecting the "minimal power management" with CnQ enabled in the bios is what you need to do.

Mine works fine when set to Balanced,

coolquiet.jpg

Power saver is always at slowest speed and High performance is 100% all the time

I beleive selecting the "minimal power management" with CnQ enabled in the bios is what you need to do.

I have vista, not xp - "minimal power management" does not exists in vista

Mine works fine when set to Balanced,

[IM G]http://www.uninhibited.ca/coolquiet.jpg[/ IMG]

Power saver is always at slowest speed and High performance is 100% all the time

I think it's a motherboard issue. Some people's works and other's do not. From reading other boards, it seems that your bios has to support some new feature that mine does not. I emailed gigabyte but probably wont hear anything till monday or tuesday...

Screw it, I can't stand Vista - I went back to XP

I'll keep my disk and install it again when SP1 comes out

Enable it in the bios. Then just do Balanced Power option and your done.

Enable it in the bios. Then just do Balanced Power option and your done.

Not necessarily, it IS enabled in bios and WAS set to balanced and it still didn't work. It worked on my m6810 A64 laptop perfectly, but not on my desktop. Doesn't matter now bc I just reverted my machine back to xp - bam cool & quiet works. :confused:

Not necessarily, it IS enabled in bios and WAS set to balanced and it still didn't work. It worked on my m6810 A64 laptop perfectly, but not on my desktop. Doesn't matter now bc I just reverted my machine back to xp - bam cool & quiet works. :confused:

Well you're on a nforce 3 mobo, didn't see that, thought you had nforce4.

Well you're on a nforce 3 mobo, didn't see that, thought you had nforce4.

yeah, I think that was my problem. You'd think a mobo that is capable of supporting a dual core opteron could support scaling it down... oh well, XP is just fine for me. The reason I still have nforce 3 is I rarely game and my 6800 can still handle most games just fine if I choose to play them (I'm pretty much only a hl2 kind of guy)

Back