Coolbits...Detect Optimal....

KingPing

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all

I just installed the "coolbits" and when I run the "Detect Optimal Frequency" it says 463/1.3

the card is a BFG 7800GTX OC....460/1.3 stock.....I realize different chips get different results but isnt this a little low of an overclock??

if I were to manually do it how could I check if I'm running to high?? is there a program other than the one in the control panel??

any help would be greatly appreciated:)

The first symptom of running too high is artifacts in game. Mine did 487/1.35 when I chose detect optimal frequencies, but I pushed it to 502 and it runs fine. If you go to turn on your computer and nothing comes up, turn it off, and hold Ctrl while it boots up, that will reset the card or something like that.

I've come to the conclusion that coolbits overclocking needs a "break in" period before it reaches a good speed.

When I first used it on my unlocked 6800le, it was pretty low, but after running the card through some stressing, the auto overclock got higher and higher.

Im not sure exactly how coolbits autodetects but I have a feeling it has something to do with current temperature..

I was playing with coolbits not too long ago and tried the "detect optimal" once... it selected absolutely insane gpu/mem speeds. I tried them for a few minutes before I saw the temps start to climb and cause artifacts, etc and then my whole machine locked up, DOH!

I decided not to use it anymore and leave my video cards at the "stock" overclocked settings. With stock cooling on the 6600GT OC cards I don't see how they can be consistently pushed hard without overheating. Unless it's 100% stable, it's not a good overclock to me... I don't like my computers doing weird sh1t randomly at a critical time, it really pisses me off. ;)

lol my coolbits wont even detect anything without crashing, but does 499/1.35 from 450/1.25...goes 515 w/ minimal shuttering, good for benchies and cs but anything beyond that is a no no.

efey`

Back