Cooler for 9800 pro

Sirje31337

Limp Gawd
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 All-In-Wonder no OC. What cooler do you all recommend? I play WoW and source most commonly.

The GiantIII is not a very good choice... that little hamster wheel fan produces 41dBA of whine (!!!) and moves only 3cfm of air. You do the math. ;)

Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev.3 (The old skool one) or the zalman mentioned above would both be great choices.

pandora's box said:
so if you dont oc why are you looking for a better cooler?

im running at 9800 xt speeds (411 core 365 memory) with the stock sapphire heatsink. temperatures dont go above 76 degrees at all when gaming. and im idling at 70 degrees

Because occasionally when i'm playing WoW it will overheat and the screen goes crazy. I have a 120mm fan rigged where the empty PCI slots are(only have a NIC card in PCI). And the air coming out of there is HOT, not warm....HOT. It's rediculous. It almost burns me to touch the HS on the card.

Ah, didn't see that. So the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev3 is now my recommendation.

pandora's box said:
we expect pictures of it when its installed, i will be posting some of the vf700cu i just bought as well ;)

They'll be on here. I get paid saturday. I'll buy it then. You'll get your pictures. :D

well i upgraded to a 6800 GT but i will still post pictures of the zalman installed on that lol.

Well it came in and I got the pictures. Here they are:D
100_1577.jpg

100_1578.jpg

100_1579.jpg

100_1581.jpg

100_1582.jpg

Back