Cooler for i5 2500k under 50

jfuze

Limp Gawd
Tomorrow im picking up my new i5 2500k and mobo from Microcenter but cant decide on which cooler to get. Id like to spend around 40 or 50.

Microcenter has the Thermalright MUX120 for $41. Would that be my best bet?

The Thermaltake Frio looks pretty tempting aswell... would it be a big performance difference over the MUX120?

I'm also interested in this, especially some option that is not too massive but still uses a back plate, does any such option exist? I want to OC to around 4.2.

Run it off of the stock cooler until you can get your hands on a Thermalright HR-02 Macho.

I am curious oshia86 or someone with more detail on a safe OC with stock cooler. I want to OC but i don't wanna be dumb and fry (void my warranty).

I ment to say on a stock cooler whats a safe overclock number like 4.0ghz?

I am curious oshia86 or someone with more detail on a safe OC with stock cooler. I want to OC but i don't wanna be dumb and fry (void my warranty).

Stock cooler = stock speed

I say you're as safe as you can go, as long as you don't bump up the voltage. Keep an eye on temps, and you should be fine. This is assuming you have looked up the basics of overclocking your 2500k.

Stock cooler = stock speed

B.S. I'm running at 4.0 with my 2600k right now until my H80 gets here.

Last edited:
Thermalright HR-02 Macho if you have a case large enough for it.

MUX120 or Cocage TRUE Spirit if you can still find it.

Last choice would be the CM Hyper 212 Plus.

Just picked up the Thermalright MUX120 at Microcenter today for $40. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now to find good 120mm fans for it.. lol

I'd recommend the macho too if you can find it.

edit: nvm, you already got one from MC.

Back