Cooler Master GeminII $0.99 + ship AR

It may not be as good as some of the top coolers like the Ultra 120 ex or Tuniq Tower, but it's also 1/50th the cost :)

Also, this one will probably help keep your motherboard and RAM and etc in better shape since it blows so much air down on top of the mobo. I have an Ultra 120 and I had to use rubber bands and crap to get fans on my RAM and nb to keep my PC stable.

I was going to order this at $15.00 a week ago and I am glad I didn't.

was 7.27 shipped AR for me.

Damn thats a low price.. sucks its $20 MIR though. Make sure you buy some 120mm fans to go with it! :p

I just got my rebate $20 from last deal. Nice bought another one, may be i can combine both of them to make nuclear reactor cooler :D

damn good deal. bought one from zzf for $14 shipped, should've waited for this :(

pretty heavy though

damn good deal. bought one from zzf for $14 shipped, should've waited for this :(

pretty heavy though
It's lighter than my all-copper Tower112. I don't mind the $16 shipped @ ZZF vs ~$8 shipped + lead time on the rebate.

-bZj

In for one... "estimated delivery: 1 business day" :D. $7.32 shipped after rebate... can't complain! I actually wanted this for my main rig, too ;)!

good deal but yet i havnt recieved my old rebate from a power supply i bought 3 months ago... >:)

I'll be upgrading from my E6300 at 2.6Ghz to a q6600 this christmas...
Which would be a better cooler, this Gemini, or my Zalman 9700?

Fans...

Jab-Tech has 120mm black/black Yate Loon's for $3.50/ea, $3.00/3-9....That's for the 47cfm low-speeds. Medium (70?) and high (88?) run $3.50 and $3.15 for each quantity.

For the bling crowd, there's also blue UV/LED lit versions for $4.95/$4.80 in all 3 speed grades.

ps I *was* going to order this monster for my current rig, since it's on it's way into backup/HTPC duties (just ordered an IP35 Pro, etc)...But then I saw the .PDF - and the rebate is through status-now. Those bastards burned me on a $30 rebate for a TT Armor some months back now - f*ck them. Online check was useless, phone reps were rude, I even tried to get TT to help, but they ended up flaking after 1 reply.

Depends on the fans you wanna run. 2 hardcore fans will prob do better than the 9700, but if you wanna stay low noise, it's just about a toss-up between the two.

-bZj

As Down8 pointed out, with high speed fans, this will beat the 9700. However, with quieter fans, the 9700 will very slightly outperform the GeminiII. The difference? The GeminII cools your memory and mainboard as well, due to the fans blowing onto the whole board. It's up to you to decide which you prefer.

During check out put it in the promo code section

You have to be a newsletter subscriber for it to work

@ Down8 and S-B, thx for the info. My Antec 900 has enough fans for now I think, so I figure I'll stay with the 9700...

I don't recall the interior of the 900 right now, but having more surface area will net some gains for the GeminII. As long as there is a steady airflow, it may still help.

Pennies,
-bZj

Back