Cooler Master is awesome

Eihli

Gawd
So it's time for a new build and my last two previous PCs were a Cosmos S and a CM 690.

Both were probably two of the finest PC cases I've ever used. The build quality on them was astounding! I particularly loved the layout of the 690 but found it a tidbit small.

So now it's time for a new build. I plan on possibly having two GTX580s in it so I need room. I want to stick with Cooler Master and since the 690 was my favorite case, I'm considering the 690 II although it's a bit small.

What about the HAF X and the Storm Trooper? Just need a good solid well built awesome looking case from CM that can fit two 580 gtxs.

Totally agree with the OP, I'm gonna have a hard time letting go of my silver Stacker 830 when the time comes. It is already quite obsolete feature wise, but I really like the way it looks.

The only thing I've seen recently that caught my eye was the Storm Trooper. A bit more angular than I'd like, as so many cases seem to be these days, but it does have flared/vented side panels, kinda reminiscent of Stacker/Cosmos S.

My vote would be for the Storm Trooper, if only so that I can get your impressions of it. :D

If you like the Cosmos styling, then wait for the Cosmos 2 to come out. There's already previews out there.

I love my Cosmos 1000 case. Probably one of the few cases that can fit a 3x140 radiator with minimal mods that don't cost an arm and a leg.

By Jove I do agree that CM is the Cat's Pajamas.
Indeed.

I have the HAFx also. it be nice.

What's the deal with the cover for the PSU on the HAFx? I have the case (and nothing to go in it yet, some is in the mail at least) and can't really see the benefit of using the cover. Do those of you with one use it? And why?

Also, I assume it would be best to put the PSU (a CM 1200 in the mail) fan down so it can use the inlets at the bottom. Has anyone found this to be an improvement or a problem of any kind?

Thanks for any feedback.

Edit - added clarity.

Last edited:
Back