Coolermaster 450w extreme power

Don't have it, but I have an opinion.

It's shit. Continuous power up to 400W over all rails, 19A on the 12V line, stay away for anything higher than an early P4 rig. It won't power any heat demons, meaning no P4 C-class or Prescotts, and no A64. Certainly no GF6800 or X800/X850 video cards.

The system it's powering is:

Sempron 2600+
ASUS A7V400-MX
512MB PC-3200 DDR
Geforce MX4000 64MB
Onboard Sound
Onboard NIC
Maxtor Ultra Series 7200 RPM 160GB
52x32x52/16x DVD/CD-RW
3.5" floppy
WinXP Pro

It may not be the best, but I'm guessing it's better than most $33 PSU's.

I wouldn't call it "shit".

It is going to be powering a +5V-heavy rig, and where does it have most of it's output power concentrated? The +5V line. The +12V line isn't as important as it would be on a high-end P4 or A64 rig. I think that PSU will be more than adequate for the job.

_Korruption_ said:
I wouldn't call it "shit".

It is going to be powering a +5V-heavy rig, and where does it have most of it's output power concentrated? The +5V line. The +12V line isn't as important as it would be on a high-end P4 or A64 rig. I think that PSU will be more than adequate for the job.

Thanks for the reply...I went ahead and ordered it as the sale was ending in a few minutes...keep the replys coming though :)

I posted a link in the PSU roundup thread where they reviewed the the real power. Take a look at that if you are concerned and want another option.

Sorry, I presumed you were thinking of powering a slightly more demanding rig with it- not something with an entirely self-sufficient video card, for example. For your rig it's fine, just not for much else.

Back