Core Duo anyone?

Marty,

Have you done any folding with that T2500 of yours? I'm looking for numbers so that I can decide between a Core Duo and a low Voltage 3800+.

Hito Bahadur said:
Marty,

Have you done any folding with that T2500 of yours? I'm looking for numbers so that I can decide between a Core Duo and a low Voltage 3800+.

POS

Yea, It's folding when on. The stupid thing drops to 1.0gzh on each core while on 65 watt charger (the auto/ac charger combo thing), then never goes back to 2.0 less i do a reboot/logoff. I've got some power scheme issues to work out here.... Plus, no clue what I'm doing w/ YURT.

kk,

When you get it figured out. I might get a combo of Core Duos and X2's. Going to plan the purchases over the next couple of months. Taking inventory of my current systems and figuring out which ones to get rid of first.

Hito Bahadur said:
I'm figuring the core duo will come in around 80 watts. I would plan on using 1GB of memory. I haven't seen above 500MB useage on my X2 folder.

80 watts for the CPU? Cause its supposed to be around 59W max or something like that...

80 watts for the whole system...mobo, memory, hdd, cdrom, fans....etc.

marty9876 said:
POS

Yea, It's folding when on. The stupid thing drops to 1.0gzh on each core while on 65 watt charger (the auto/ac charger combo thing), then never goes back to 2.0 less i do a reboot/logoff. I've got some power scheme issues to work out here.... Plus, no clue what I'm doing w/ YURT.

Yeah same problems with my T2300, if it gets unplugged it drops speed. I would think there would be a BIOS setting to fix that but the only thing I found was to lock it in at 1.0 ghz.

Yeah, I check the prices regularly waiting for some type of deal (mobo, memory, cpu prices).

Does Rightmark CPU Clock Utility work for Core Duos? I use it on my Opteron 165 and my Turion. It allows me to set all the P-states (stepping and Voltage at each stepping) in battery and AC mode. A very good tool for undervolting.

Back