Correct me if I'm wrong...(XFX vs EVGA)

squatpuke

Limp Gawd
Both have 'lifetime' warranties....XFX transfers ownership also...don't think EVGA does...

What happens if I remove stock fan and replace? Are both companies warranties still ok, valid?

I've always heard EVGA is the top dog of customer service, but seems I might be paying $10 bucks more for that....worth it?

Thanks for your opinion....

As far as I know EVGA does not allow transfer of warranty. Their RMA process is excellent and the Step-Up program adds a huge value.

Both have 'lifetime' warranties....XFX transfers ownership also...don't think EVGA does...

What happens if I remove stock fan and replace? Are both companies warranties still ok, valid?

I've always heard EVGA is the top dog of customer service, but seems I might be paying $10 bucks more for that....worth it?

EVGA warranties does not transfer, but it is a lifetime warranty. With EVGA cards you can replace the stock fan as long as you put the original fan on if you want to use the EVGA warranty.

I think EVGA should be on your short list because they have excellant customer service and you do have the abilty to "step up" to another EVGA card within 90 days of purchase.
EVGA will credit you the value of your old card to trade up.

Have a nice day.

Just make sure to register your eVGA once you get it. There'll be a slip in your box telling you this, but just make sure you do! There's another thread about some guy here who decided to let the registration slide (for 7 months), and even with that in mind, is still getting RMA work completed.

Thanks all....

I'm leaning on an eVGA card (course I'm hoping for a bundle)....any thoughts on XFX?

Go with Galaxy/Gigabyte/etc

That way the cooler is part of the price.

LIFETIME WARRENTY is a great selling point, but in reality 3 years is usually fine.

Unless you feel like putting it in a capsule, then sending it back to them in 20 years to see what card they send you for lulz,

its usually better to stay away from stock coolers, especially if your'e buying a few months after release.

So you gotta ask yourself, do I need to step up?

eVGA won't void if you replace coolers. One of the main reasons I went with them.

XFX also has a modder friendly warranty.

eVGA vs XFX is a choice between step-up, and transferrable lifetime warranty.

Yup, XFX had me return the stock cooler to my video card and then they promptly replaced my card.

XFX also has a modder friendly warranty.

eVGA vs XFX is a choice between step-up, and transferrable lifetime warranty.

QFT

XFX allows all the same things EVGA does as far as their warranty its all a question of step up VS. Double lifetime warranty.

If you dont intend to step up grab the XFX that way when you upgrade later down the road its easier to sell a card with a lifetime warranty vs one with no warranty.

Old Thread!..

So let me get this straight...

You can

a) overclock both cards

b) replace coolers on both cards

but as long as you replace the stock cooler before you send it back if the card has problems (eg fries, shorts or f**ks out) both evga and xfx will honor the warranty (provided its within its date)..

Does this sound right?

Yes, unless your poor cooler replacing skills (for example) were the reason the card died - like if you knocked a capacitor off or something. Otherwise, both should be the same.

eVGA also has a new utility that lets you volt mod your card via software. It works on eVGA cards only and it doesn't void your warranty to use it.

eVGA also has a new utility that lets you volt mod your card via software. It works on eVGA cards only and it doesn't void your warranty to use it.

Really? What if I don't want my card any more and super volt it until it fries and RMA for a new one then sell it?:confused: I highly doubt EVGA will risk that.

Really? What if I don't want my card any more and super volt it until it fries and RMA for a new one then sell it?:confused: I highly doubt EVGA will risk that.

The question was asked, and the rep said that using the program wouldn't void the warranty. Obviously, an EVGA-developed software volt-mod program will have some kind of volt limit to prevent your scenario.

I've owned several cards from both vendors, i've had to RMA cards to both vendors and in my personal experiences, EVGA's support is far greater than XFX. I now stick with them exclusively when purchasing nVidia cards.

eVGA does not want to deal with shit drivers most likely.

Consequently, ASUS, XFX, Powercolor, Diamond and HIS want to deal wiith shit drivers?:confused::rolleyes:
Maybe you forgot about the SATA nForce debacle?
So bad graphic card drivers is wrong but it is okay with motherboards???:rolleyes:

Anyway, I had multiple ATI and NVIDIA video cards are drivers quality are very comparable.

EVGA's warranty is only void if you cause physical damage to the card

I would have to imagine physical voltmods may void it though, dunno

One more for EVGA, they even warranty voltmod made by their new tool that is going to be released besides coolerchange.

As far as I know EVGA does not allow transfer of warranty. Their RMA process is excellent and the Step-Up program adds a small value.

See my bolded correction for most buyers (most enthusiasts, let alone gamers, don't update their GPU every 3-6 months). It adds a small protection in case your timing of initial purchase is poor. :)

I've owned two EVGA cards and currently an XFX. All have been wonderful and so were their customer service reps.

EVGA - when you are through with your card you can step it with cost up to a new one
XFX - when you are through with your card, you can resell it easily because a new lifetime warranty goes to the new buyer as a good selling point

God, I hate how people always resort to this. Go back under the bridge troll.

What?

I owned many ATI cards, and currently have a 4850.

It is a fact that the overall quality and thoroughness of ATI's drivers are a bit lackluster compared to Nvidia's.

I still buy ATI though because they tend to deliver greater bang/buck in the mid-high end sector.

I won't buy EVGA because of the crap many Canadian customers had to deal with via their insistence on UPS and other methods which are very harmful to customers not in the U.S.

I believe they may have fixed these issues but there is still no guarantee that Canadian customers won't be charged the ridiculous UPS brokerage fees. (often 50-100% the value of the item).

I won't buy EVGA because of the crap many Canadian customers had to deal with via their insistence on UPS and other methods which are very harmful to customers not in the U.S.

I believe they may have fixed these issues but there is still no guarantee that Canadian customers won't be charged the ridiculous UPS brokerage fees. (often 50-100% the value of the item).

I believe EVGA now uses FedEx for shipping. :)

*Shipments being sent outside of the United States are sent through FedEx as Standard shipping. All RMA replacements to countries outside the United States will state Warranty Replacement on the package to assist in avoiding any Brokerage Fees through customs. EVGA is NOT responsible for any fees charged by the destination countries government body or brokers due to brokerage fees.

BFG is great with RMA's and has a step-up program.

I wonder why someone hasn't mentioned BFG. Great company.

BFG is great with RMA's and has a step-up program.

I wonder why someone hasn't mentioned BFG. Great company.
I actually had some pretty bad experiences with BFG, actually, but most people I've heard from have had a great time. I guess it depends.

Consequently, ASUS, XFX, Powercolor, Diamond and HIS want to deal wiith shit drivers?:confused::rolleyes:
Maybe you forgot about the SATA nForce debacle?
So bad graphic card drivers is wrong but it is okay with motherboards???:rolleyes:

Anyway, I had multiple ATI and NVIDIA video cards are drivers quality are very comparable.

QFT

Which nForce debacle? The ones that corrupted my raid array? Recent Nvidia drivers are no better/less buggy than recent ATI drivers based on my experience.

My current and last two cards have all been XFX. I've never had any problems with them, so I don't know what it's like to deal with their support. The transferable warranty is indeed a nice point for selling an old card.

FYI, the Step-Up program is only valid on certain models. http://www.evga.com/stepup/ Newegg often has multiple versions of the same card with slightly different model numbers (i.e. -AR, -A1, etc.). I don't know if the "alternate" versions qualify as the same thing or not. The card itself might have the same model, but the boxed package could be different (e.g. different games included, etc.).

Also, the Stepped-Up card that you get only has the lifetime warranty if the model ends in AX. http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3 I haven't done it myself, so I don't know if that's standard for the higher end products or not. Otherwise it's only the 1+1. You also pay the difference between the retail price of the new card and your invoice price of the old card, minus applicable rebates. Stepping-Up would therefore undo any deal you managed to get on the first card (if you got a 285 for only $100, and wanted to step up to a $500 card, you'd pay the $400 difference).

Looking at all the fine print of the Step-Up program, it doesn't seem to be quite as good as all the user comments I've heard. Again, I have no personal experience with it, but it just seems like there's a lot more involved than simply paying a few bucks more to get a better card. It is a nice bit of protection in case your purchase happens to fall right before they announce a new product or drop prices across the line though.

One other thing that I found weird, the eVGA motherboard matches the look of the XFX video cards better than their own.

xfx sent me a sealed retail 780i sli board when I rma'd my 680i.

my friend rma'd his xfx 7600gt and they sent him a oem sealed 8600gt.

xfx has won me over :)

Back