Corsair 1GB PC 3200 XMS Dual-Channel DDR $170

Wow, awsome deal. Another gig to bring me to 2 gigs. World of Warcraft is such a ram hog, this will serve me well, thanks man!

Awesome memory, I'm running some of that now. Just make sure you don't try to mix it with other brands, I tried running 2x512 Corsair PC3200 with 2x256 Mushkin PC3500 at stock 3200 settings and had nothing but problems in games :(

Ok, so i'm kind of a noob who's building a new rig. So this ram will work well with the athlon 64 939's and a DFI nforce4 ultra. I'm basically looking for compatibility and possibly overclocking a bit. I'm looking for best bang for the buck. Is this the stuff to get for that? Sounds like a good deal.

Very nice price, i have some corsair XMS 3200 ddr with the activity leds on them

2-2-2-5 memory.

If i picked up a gig of this memory, would they be compatable or no?

Xenozx said:
Very nice price, i have some corsair XMS 3200 ddr with the activity leds on them

2-2-2-5 memory.

If i picked up a gig of this memory, would they be compatable or no?

They'd be compatible but your timings would go down to 2-3-3-6 instead of 2-2-2-5

This of course, provided your motherboard can force all the dimms at 200mhz.

I already have a pair of these exact same Corsair dimms in my PC now (1Gb). Any benefit to adding another 1Gb on top of this? This is a great price considering I paid $249 for mine over a year ago.

My PC use is mostly games (FPS:HL2, Far Cry, etc.) and video/photo editing.

I was about to post this deal.. http://www.outpost.com/entry?sku=3715396
(same thing)

I wish I had gotten this stuff instead of the HyperX 3200 Cas2 (2x512) stuff I got a few weeks back.

My old 2x256 Corsair XMS3200 2-3-2-6-1 rated stuff, would run at 300FSB with 3:2 ratio = DDR400 but was giving me 5900Mb/s at that high FSB.

The HyperX stuff I got won't run at it that speed is maxes out about 5400Mb/s which is like 250 @ 5:4 @ 2-3-2-6, or like 284 @ 3:2 @ 2.5-3-3-7

Hoodoo Guru. If you do heavy photo/video editing you may see preformance gains (less swapping to disk for VM) but in games you are unlikely to see any improvement at all.

Just placed my order, $224.00 CDN. with Air Express,I hope to God Frys wasn't a typo error, one stick of this 512 Ram up here in Canada at regular price is $270.00 CDN.

el rolio said:
hmm but what IC's are on it? winbonds?

no sir, probably samsung TCB-3's I have a set of Kingston TCB-3's that run 200MHz at 2-3-3-6 at 2.6 volts

Your trying to compare different Corsair to the Kingston HyperX. Your memory according to you is 2-3-2-6 which is the same as the Kingston. How ever the memory being talked about thats on sale is timed at 2-3-3-6. Remember Outpost.com is Fry's and althogh thave some good prices, you have to keep a real close eye on them and check out the actual manufactures data.

Hey can anyone tell me if my FIC Au13 mobo will work in dual channel mode with this stuff in it?

I have one stick of corsair 512mb in it now. I have 3 slots. If i put this in there, I would have all 3 slots filled for 1.5 gb total.

I actually ordered mine today since my paycheck direct deposited today. For those of you who are impatient, overnight shipping is only like 4 bux more.

Anyone know if this memory is double or single-sided? I hear nForce4 has issues with 4 sticks of double-sided RAM...

GunnerJr said:
Anyone know if this memory is double or single-sided? I hear nForce4 has issues with 4 sticks of double-sided RAM...

Almost any DIMM 512MB or higher would have to be double-sided, unless they're using more expensive higher-density memory chips (or just making a tall module w/ all the chips on one side).

And actually, my nForce3 board has a prob with 4 DIMMs too -- lowers the maximum FSB speed and raises the timings of the installed memory.

With RAM prices the way they are, I have 2GB in one machine and 1GB in each of my other two machines :)

Ehhh, after tax and shipping, the price comes to over $190. The same ram is $191.50 on ZZF with free 2nd day shipping and no tax.

Thanks for the deal, I just bought into it this morning--upgrading from 1gb to 2gb for $181 including blasted sales tax and 2 day delivery (30 cents more than ground here). It's still a better deal than anywhere else on pricewatch.com and I needed the memory.

FYI, I bought this RAM from ZZF last week and it is rated @ 3-3-3-8 PC3200. Not 2-3-3-6. It actually boots with JEDEC PC2700 specs (166Mhz). It will not run at 2.5-3-3-8 200Mhz @ 2.8v on my Epox 8kda3j, nor will it overclock more than 208Mhz @ 3-3-3-10. I am returning it tomorrow. :(

Sounds like you got bum sticks, mine is running, 4 x 512 in my A8V @ 2 3 3 6 just fine.

nah, he just bought or was sent the wrong sticks. The TWINX1024-3200PT is what he has. The memory for sale here is TWINX1024-3200C2PT.

PsySabreW said:
nah, he just bought or was sent the wrong sticks. The TWINX1024-3200PT is what he has. The memory for sale here is TWINX1024-3200C2PT.

Nope, this is what they sent me..

Corsair.jpg

When i bought this C2PT ram around a year ago it booted at 3-3-3-8 for me to, but I just had to lower them in the bios and all was good.

-MN Scout

i have one stick that can down 235mhz easily and i have another stick that dosent even go past 200mhz. i cant oc them for shit

Thanks for the post. I'm building a new rig and this will do nicely. Just ordered with 2-day shipping for $167 and change (no tax for me).

Back