Corsair 520HX $99.99 shipped and $59.99 after $40 MIR...

Very nice deal.

Just for reference I order a 620HX early in the summer that had a $40 MIR.

Took roughly about 2 and half months for the rebate card to arrive.

I was looking at the PSU for a while and with this price was about to get it but...

Checking the specs, it only has 4 SATA connectors.

I currently use the cheapest Corsair psu (400CX) and it has 6 SATA connectors. I am already using 4. Must be an old design. The 400CX is $30 after rebate currently (at newegg) which is tied with the lowest I have seen it before.

^
Just buy some SATA connectors and snap them onto the modular cable.

HX series > TX > CX

Rank them by their class. Not by the # of SATA connectors.

didn't think of that

Can't really make out the picture on newegg but it comes with 2 sata cables that have 2 connectors on each line. Looks like a sata connector that plugs into the psu. Does the PSU have more than 2 spots to plug in Sata lines?

I was only considering this because of the good price and the possibility I might need a little more power for a better gpu later (which probably won't happen since I will wait for 5770 or Nvidia's competitor). But hey, I like buying stuff on sale :)

edit: I understand what you mean now, you mean to buy extra connectors to put on the two lines (having more than 2 sata devices per lines). Extra money and sloppier looks. Very good deal for those looking for this specific PSU though.

if you can get more cables, you can plug in more sata. Its all the same plug on the psu. Just contact custmer service.

Pretty much like fatlazyhomer says. You can contact Corsair for more cables.

Buying your own SATA cables wouldn't make it more sloppy. If anything.... it would make it more clean. If you know basic wiring you can easily trim the excess wiring and use the new sata connectors to shorten cables and the slack between the correctors. Do you honestly need 6 inchs of slack between the SATA connectors with two hard-drives?

Or if you prefer to have have 4 SATA hdds power by one cable rather than two. Those extra connectors will clean up the mess. Cable management is always nice to do. Especially if you have a SFF case.

ARGH!!! I bought one from Amazon.com for $75 after rebate last week (my 3rd 520HX). Now this is $15 cheaper :(

Good deal, great PSU. I bought one for $85 after MIR a few months ago, might've been $90 even.

Edit: Still waiting on that rebate actually, bought it in May, but it's not Corsair's fault... I apparently sent it a day late or something and they cut me a break when I called in to ask about it (after I received a notification of the late entry), so they re-issued it. Didn't have any trouble w/my other rebates (ASUS/XFX) or most of my rebates in the past, so I'm confident I'll get it eventually.

Very nice deal.

Just for reference I order a 620HX early in the summer that had a $40 MIR.

Took roughly about 2 and half months for the rebate card to arrive.
I got my 620HX a year back and just recently received my visa $20 card. I pretty much so gave up on it at this point. Thankfully it finally came in. My guess due to pressure from others who never received theirs.

Regardless this is the best PSU that I have ever owned. I'm considering this HX520 deal for a second system.

I've had one powering my computer for over 2 years now. Great PSU and at $60 it's definitely worth the price.

Good deal, great PSU. I bought one for $85 after MIR a few months ago, might've been $90 even.

Edit: Still waiting on that rebate actually, bought it in May, but it's not Corsair's fault... I apparently sent it a day late or something and they cut me a break when I called in to ask about it (after I received a notification of the late entry), so they re-issued it. Didn't have any trouble w/my other rebates (ASUS/XFX) or most of my rebates in the past, so I'm confident I'll get it eventually.

rebate fail, and not on their part, they had every right to deny you, it speaks volumes about their CS that they even entertained the thought of hooking you up, because that's basically what they're doing...

Frankly I'm not sure when it was actually sent... That's why I added the 'apparently' to that statement. I had a receipt for the other two rebates I sent that month (to XFX & ASUS) and I certainly sent those in before the deadlines, but I couldn't find a receipt for when I took the Corsair one to the P.O.... I could've swore I sent it like three days before the due date but I couldn't remember at that point, so I called and asked about it and yeah, they were lenient I guess. Same reason why I haven't bothered to call again to check on it's status... If it gets here great, if not, whatever.

This seems to be a great deal for anyone looking for a decent power supply under 100 bucks.

I haven't posted in awhile but I had to for this deal: this was the first power supply I ever purchased (around $130 i think) and I've had no problems with it. It runs quiet and the modular cables does a good job at reducing cable clutter. At $60 (after MIR), this is a great buy for anyone looking to build a computer for a first time or for another build.

Has anyone had experience with Corsair rebates? How long is the average processing? It would be good to know before pulling the trigger.

Back