Corsair 620 up in smoke

inscape01

Limp Gawd
So I had Hackers playing in the background (Hack the Planet!) while messing with my new stuff and I heard a small pop and my PC shut off. Then smoke came out of the PSU, real stinky crap. So I unplugged everything and now I need a new PSU. I was thinking of RMA'ing it but I think I would prefer the PCP&C 750. It would be less of a hassle to get the PCP&C, then maybe i'll do the RMA and just sell the Corsair. I ordered the Antec P180b so I don't think the extra lenght would be an issue.

You should see what was wrong with it?

Weird it would go up in smoke. Your specs there seem to be pretty in line with what a HX620 can handle easily.

That's the system i'm going to build in my sig, it was in a system with a c2d e6400 and 7900gt. It didn't have the capactior whine like my Antec had before I got rid of it. I ordered the Silencer 750, color matches my car:cool:

That's just how my Turbo-Cool 510DLX went down. Kudos to PC P&C for having a replacement at my door the next day.

man, that sucks. Mine is still running very strongly, hope it doesn't freak out like yours did.

Please contact [email protected] and set up an advanced replacement RMA.

I'd like to know how this happened so I want this specific unit back to investigate. I haven't heard of this happening yet anywhere else.

Back