Corsair: 650D

My window had scratches all over it which i buffed out by hand with Novus plastic polish. Now it is crystal clear. Stuff also works well on car headlights, motorcycle windshields, and safety glasses.

I have requested an RMA at corsair's website but still no response from them even after a week...

Hi guys,

The 650D is on the top my my lift right now but have some configuration questions. What configuration do you recommend for the 3.5 drive placement as the bays are modular? I will be using 6 hard drives and 1 SSD and would like optimum cooling.

Also on the 650d what chages are needed/recommend for stock fan replacements if any. Looking for a quiet and cool operation. Here are my specs:

850 WATT Power supply
GTX 580 Video Card
16 GB ram
atx 768 Asus or Asrock Motherboard
i7-2600K or i7-2700K CPU
2 2TB drives (rd 0)
4 1TB drives (rd 5)
1 SSD Drive (OS)

Thanks!

If you want optimal cooling, maybe this isn't the case for you. I only use the bottom drive cage. I removed the top one for better air circulation to the vid cards. Now I find that I need to replace the front fan with 1 or 2 smaller fans just so my vid cards dont roast.

Anyone running a dust filter on the rear "exhaust" - I'm using it as an intake for the h60. Looking for options here. Hopefully something off the shelf that fits and is easily removable.

I still need to replace my 200mm fan in the front but I don't know what to get...

And there is the major issue with this case. Front fan replacement cannot be accomplished without case modification and/or rearrangement. You improved air flow at the top of the case but the bottom of the case is where it's really needed.

Just use rubber plugs and mount the fan through the mesh holes in the front, but I recommend cutting the mesh out with a grease pen, a dremel, and some patience. Just make sure to leave mesh where the mounting holes are.

I wish Corsair would provide beefier (thicker or milled) drive cages on future cases. Plastic would be good too. The stock ones vibrate at times with two drives working away. I have yet to think of a clever fix.

Can someone measure the dimensions from the top of the case to where the mobo starts? For those who have it. Was wondering if a radiator would fit on the top.

The distance from the top of the mesh to the top edge of my motherboard is 2 3/4 inches.

Redid mine with a new mainboard and a few other bits and pieces.

dualview.jpg

I still need to replace my 200mm fan in the front but I don't know what to get...

That's still my issue too.

The Corsair fan is too noisy. However, I have yet to find a fan that will fit without using bolts (too many fan companies not engineering their 200mm fans for intake, and having exhaust mounting only), or tha isn't too deep.

I'd love to find a way to mod this case to fit a Coolermaster Megaflow without moving the front drive cage, or to find a fan similar that will fit without a lot of shenanigans. I like this case, but I wish Corsair had designed it with just a little more front clearance for the intake fan; my drive cage does not fit well in the middle, as clearance for my PSU cables is really tight.

Last edited:
Hey guys, do you know where I can get a side panel with mesh that I can add fans to it? Is corsair ever going to make one?

Hey guys, do you know where I can get a side panel with mesh that I can add fans to it? Is corsair ever going to make one?

Corsair will be making a mesh side panel. I do not believe it is designed with fan mounting in mind, however, since the case has negative pressure (more air being exhausted than taken in), it should offer more air being brought in even without additional fans.

The panel is not available yet. Quite a few people are waiting for it.

I am thinking of making my 650D a bit cooler, or at least a better at removing the hot air from the case. Right now I am running stock fans with an Antec Kuhler 920 with both fans moving air out the back. Any suggestions on what fans to replace/upgrade?

Corsair will be making a mesh side panel. I do not believe it is designed with fan mounting in mind, however, since the case has negative pressure (more air being exhausted than taken in), it should offer more air being brought in even without additional fans.

The panel is not available yet. Quite a few people are waiting for it.

Pretty sure it was confirmed earlier in this thread that the mesh side panel would indeed have fan mounting. Both for a 200mm fan, and 4x120mm fans.

Yes the original design was for negative pressure, but adding a passive mesh side panel would kind of defeat that anyway ... so clearly the mesh side panel would be to mount fans and increase positive air pressure.

I for one can't wait for it, the rather poor airflow is the one major problem I have with the 650D. A big 200mm fan directly above my video card should help a great deal.

After talking with a member of another forum who has done it with a 600T, I have received information that the drive cage can be modified to allow a 30mm fan as intake without moving the cage to the middle of the case.

The mod involves removing the front lip of the drive cage near the intake fan. I'm getting pictures of his mod, and then will be replicating it myself. I'll post pictures of mine when I'm done.

Hey Sean, How do you like the Sabertooth P67? I'm getting my 650D wednesday and placing my order for the Sabertooth this week. You loving that board? Looks amazing...

After talking with a member of another forum who has done it with a 600T, I have received information that the drive cage can be modified to allow a 30mm fan as intake without moving the cage to the middle of the case.

The mod involves removing the front lip of the drive cage near the intake fan. I'm getting pictures of his mod, and then will be replicating it myself. I'll post pictures of mine when I'm done.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Sean, How do you like the Sabertooth P67? I'm getting my 650D wednesday and placing my order for the Sabertooth this week. You loving that board? Looks amazing...

Other than the P67 wake from sleep issue, it's a wicked board. OC's well. I am thinking of running 4.4 @ 1.30v and seeing how stable that is. I am right now at 4.3 turbo'd @ 1.275v

Any ETA on the side panel mesh with fan mount?

Been reading around and it seems to be delayed? Was supposed to be released in August last I read about it heh.

Anyone have problems with their fan controller breaking?

Had mine only a month and my fans randomly stopped working, tried different molex connectors and realized that my dang fan controller just completely broke.

Only had the 3 default fans and 1 of my cpu's extra fans on it.

I've switched out my top fan for two 140mm Noctura's at mid speed. Now taking a cue from another site I have them as intakes and have my Kuhler 920 has the exhaust along with my two 6970's. Anyone see anything I should do different?

So my question since I can't really measure this stuff out

Do you guys think I could fit two of these in this case? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121431

I LOVE the design of the 650D but I am trying to decide if I should sell off this video card and buy a couple different cards to do crossfire. I'm torn because I also love that Asus card I own. It keeps everything super cool and overclocking is a breeze

So my question since I can't really measure this stuff out

Do you guys think I could fit two of these in this case? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121431

I LOVE the design of the 650D but I am trying to decide if I should sell off this video card and buy a couple different cards to do crossfire. I'm torn because I also love that Asus card I own. It keeps everything super cool and overclocking is a breeze

Check out page 70, post #1392 (the answer is yes).

It has space for the HD6990 which is almost an inch longer, with room to spare.

Check out page 70, post #1392 (the answer is yes).

you sir are my hero. Although now my mobo may have bad placements for its pci-express ports so that may get me :D.

Oh well I'm still gonna get this case, the price is right for the features it brings

I still have not received the updated fan controller yet having sent an email twice now after chasing it up the original time.

Why does it take so long? :/

It's been months...

Having had good customer service before this is a kick in the teeth.

I still have not received the updated fan controller yet having sent an email twice now after chasing it up the original time.

Why does it take so long? :/

It's been months...

Having had good customer service before this is a kick in the teeth.

I got mine in like 2 weeks, But then I sold the 650D case.

I'm starting to think they've given up on the 650D. No news on the mesh insert, I'm almost thinking of selling my case.

I kind of wish they would give up on this case.

Then come out with a new model like a 675d or something where they add/change
a) usb 3.0 support with motherboard connectors out of the box
b) a fan controller that works out of the box
c) a front intake fan that can be replaced with standard 120/140mm fans
d) gotten rid of cheap looking plastic clips on the side panels and use a method similar to the 800d
e) change the window on the side panel to get rid of that lame molding and have it be flush like the 800d
f) or change the side panel to have mesh with fan options
g) also appreciated would be an extra inch or so at the top of the case to run a radiator in push/pull easier
h) while they're changing the front fan to allow 120/140mm fans might as well get a radiator fitting in the front.

I've been tempted for awhile to get this case but it just seems like they made some large, poor aesthetic choices and some large, poor functional choices so for the time being my attention to getting a new case is directed elsewhere.

Back