Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 $40AR at Fry's B&M

The tested voltage @ 1600 is 1.65. If you're running a 2nd gen Intel setup, you'll want the 1.5 of the G.Skill.

You always want lower voltage rating... doesn't mean these will not do it.

In anycase for 40 dollars WOW that is SICK HOT!!!!

Wishing I didn't buy the 4G for 20 bucks a couple weeks back.
IN any case thanks for posting and keep it up.

I'm going to pick up a set of these in 20 minutes. :D

If it doesn't do the specs at 1.5, then there's a risk of damaging your i7 setup

If it doesn't do the specs at 1.5, then there's a risk of damaging your i7 setup
The situation where an i7 can be damaged is when the memory voltage and VTT differ by over 0.5v. The default VTT of 1.15v is exactly 0.5v less than 1.65v memory, which is cutting it close and a small VTT bump would be safer, but is not required.

That said, I had no problem running 1.8v memory on an i7/LGA 1366 platform for over a year because I kept VTT/memory voltages withing the safety margin of each other.

I picked up a set of these this morning for my i5 system, but I'll reuse it when I upgrade to Ivy Bridge later on.

yes just like overclocking and running high temps, but people have been using 1.65V
on a i5/i7 for a long time without major issues.

Has anyone had these shipped? I ordered them on the 4th and it still says they are "In Process" even though I got an email saying they were shipped. Is that because its the economy shipping which is not trackable? They are the last part I am waiting on.

Could you elaborate? In the past (c2d) higher v ram was better because it allowed more OCing. :O

2 things here:
1) The i3/5/7 chips have an integrated memory controller and don't like high voltages (generally > 1.65v, but I've seen people with higher memory voltages on OC'd systems).
2) If RAM is rated for [email protected] rather than @1.65v, it theoretically has more OC'ing headroom, i.e. it can run at tighter timings and/or faster speeds with a bump in voltage. So you may be able to run the 1.5v kit at [email protected], but you may not be able to go much farther with the [email protected].

Back