Corsair Expert question

KingPing

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for some advice.......I really like my corsair expert ram....the look the performance, everything. I want to go to 2GB.....

what 2x512 modules would pair up with these best and give me similar performance and/or overclockability??

CMXP512-3200XL 2-2-2-5

http://home.comcast.net/~droush8/IMG_3416.JPG
thanks in advance:)

Unfortunately, the memory IC chips used in the 3200XL series are no longer in production. And with modern systems, you should not mix different memory modules with different IC chips unless you want to risk major stability problems down the road. And what's more, since the 512MB 3200XL modules are double-sided, this means that all 1GB modules use completely different IC chips from those used in the now-discontinued 3200XL's.

In addition, can you tell us which CPU and motherboard are you using?

Whats the best latency your ram can do at speed ddr500 ?

I can do 3-3-3-7 @ 250mhz

In addition, can you tell us which CPU and motherboard are you using?

I'm using everthing in my sig...

I do realize what your saying bout the IC chips....I was hoping there may be some 2x512 kit that might run neck&neck with these:)

Just find something that can do 3 3 3 7 at 250 , that way you can max the old ones and easily get something new to match them with at that speed what you have wrote.

Also greed kicks in after that if you start going looking for bottlenecks. Opty 165 at 2.8ghz is brill , i would not even opt for a conroe if i had a spec like yours. I had a single core venice.

KingPing said:
what 2x512 modules would pair up with these best and give me similar performance and/or overclockability??
the same ones, but don't be surprised if the memory controller hampers your fun, as 4x512mb is quite a load :p

Back