Corsair h115i placement

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
Guys I am going to be putting a system together in a month or two with a corsair Q400 case. Cooler will be H115i cooler. 280mm radiator with twin 140mm fans.

Two questions I have right now.

1) Is it better to mount the radiator up top with fans below it pushing air up and out -OR- radiator mounted at the front of the case with the fans behind it pulling air in through the radiator?

2) If it is best to have the radiator mounted at the front of the case does it matter which side the fans are placed? Between the front of the case and the radiator vs. behind the radiator?

bitwit just did a vid on this and found the front to be the best with the fans as intake. although, and I'm not sure if its all aios, you can get pump dips and spikes due to the tiny amount of air in them passing through the block because the tubes will be at the top of the rad.

Mounted on top as exhaust would be better overall. You will get slightly worse cpu temps, but better gpu. Built a pc in a corsair 100r with a h100i set up as intake in the front and gpu temperatures are quite a bit higher than in a very similar build (same gpu, nearly same cpu) where the cpu cooler only uses one 120mm fan as intake and the gpu gets it's own 120mm intake. Also, had a similar configuration (top exhaust h100i in a corsair 600t) and, while cpu temps were a bit worse, overall internal temperatures were better than a front intake radiator.

Thanks the video was interesting too. I'm going to be able to go with a 280mm radiator and 4 140mm fans in push/pull from the front or alternately I can put the radiator up top and go with a push only.

My GPU is a blower cooler type. ASUS gtx 1080 turbo.

Back