Corsair H50 Best Buy $46

I can actually feel liquid pumping in one plug and the other just seems nothing is running.............

is this normal?

Fire up a temperature program, Real Temp, etc... do you see your temps going off the charts? Hell is your computer still on? Because if liquid wasn't moving, even idle most all modern CPUs will overheat quite quickly.

In for one for $40 at my local best buy. Replaces a old ass Zalman CNPS9500 :D

Now I just need to figure out why QFan isn't doing crap to control the RPM based on CPU temp. But I hooked up both Radiator Fan and the fan hooked up to it into the power supply at full blast and was getting 28-29c idle and 47c at max load with OCCT. Maybe hits 40-41c in gaming. Using P2 X4 965 BE at stock at the moment.

cleared the local best buy of the remaining two. Someone moved them behind a bunch of HDD's. I just happened to notice them and ganked them. Probably some employee trying to hide them until the end of his/her shift to grab them, sucks to be them!

picked up one today. Guess I need to get another 4 screws to mount my original fan to the back of the radiator. no problems so far.

I'm tempted to replace the stock cooler with this, I said I'd wait to get a CM 212+ or one of these Corsair HXX to overclock. Also need to work on some wire management so thats just another reason to pull everything out lol. Does this need a back plate for the install for Socket 1155 and does it come with thermal paste?

I'm tempted to replace the stock cooler with this, I said I'd wait to get a CM 212+ or one of these Corsair HXX to overclock. Also need to work on some wire management so thats just another reason to pull everything out lol. Does this need a back plate for the install for Socket 1155 and does it come with thermal paste?

Go for this. For this price, it's worth it.

I just installed this on my q9550, and it's maxing at 67C. All four cores actually. This is at 4ghz w/ 1.28 volts. I will be installing the second fan tomorrow for push/pull, but so far I'm happy. Already better results than my OCZ Vendetta 2. The only issue I have so far is that the pump makes some occasional noise, though I'm not too worried as I think this will go away. I'm thinking it's just a little air working its way through the system.

Yes it has a backplate for 1155-6/1366. Screws go where needed depending on what platform you have. And yes the block that goes on the CPU comes with thermal paste on it.

They have a video of installing it here: http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro-series/hydro-series-h50-cpu-cooler.html under Videos section.

Ugh, still debating whether to pick one of these up before I try to overclock my i7-870. I just can't decide. Currently running a 212+ with no issues in a Silverstone FT-02, so not sure this would really buy me anything given the good airflow in that case already.

Ugh, still debating whether to pick one of these up before I try to overclock my i7-870. I just can't decide. Currently running a 212+ with no issues in a Silverstone FT-02, so not sure this would really buy me anything given the good airflow in that case already.
I would say stick with what you have. the H50 is not going to run much cooler so its not worth the hassle and cost for you.

I would say stick with what you have. the H50 is not going to run much cooler so its not worth the hassle and cost for you.

I had a 212+ and the H50 runs cooler. I even have decent airflow. Only thing I did after installing the H50 was reverse the fan so it's in-taking and blowing over the radiator, and then installed another side exhaust fan (to make it 2).

Now temps don't go over like 45C even with the intelburntest.

Not to mention the increased space and reduced weight/strain put on my mobo.

Yeah the H50 makes it cooler, but it also brings all that heat into the case, my northbridge was burning up at 60°, not to mention my graphics card was pushing 72° (no load!)... strangely enough though I took the side of my case and temperatures dropped 20°C... and its quieter because I don't need to use the side fans!

Yeah the H50 makes it cooler, but it also brings all that heat into the case, my northbridge was burning up at 60°, not to mention my graphics card was pushing 72° (no load!)... strangely enough though I took the side of my case and temperatures dropped 20°C... and its quieter because I don't need to use the side fans!

With good airflow and enough exhaust fans your other temps should not be affected. I know mine weren't.

I bit. Store pickup right next to work. Looking forward to cleaning out the PC, putting some new fans in there and installing this bad-boy. I'll re-work some of my wires while I am at it. Nice little project :)

Well, it seems the way most people mount the H50 in a FT-02 is to put the radiator at the top and exhaust the air anyway, so that's not really a concern. I'll probably just hold off until I do a CPU/mobo upgrade to switch cooling solutions, unless I can't keep decent temps when trying to overclock.

With good airflow and enough exhaust fans your other temps should not be affected. I know mine weren't.

Well my case isn't exactly the best out there, top vent? HA! It's basically like that standard "tan" case... except in black and with a side fan port.

As to the exhaust fans.. unfortunately the radiator took up which was my main exhaust fan. Its all good though, I'll hit it with a vacuum cleaner every month or so to deal with the dust but the silence is just golden

Grabbed one myself at local BB in Memphis. They had 4 in stock. Install was a snap.

Well, it seems the way most people mount the H50 in a FT-02 is to put the radiator at the top and exhaust the air anyway, so that's not really a concern.
Weird.

I've seen very few like this.

I also considered the pump in the install.

Being an old millwright and having worked on countless hydraulic systems, the install should take into consideration where the pump is placed.

With an overhead install the pump will need to work harder to push the fluid uphill to the radiator. It's always better to have the pump on the same level as the cooling unit and decrease the heat/wear and tear on the pumps' components.

Will this increase the longevity of the pump/cooling system?

Maybe yes and maybe no, but I'm going with past experiences when I say...."It's not gonna hurt"! :D

If anyone wants to do push/pull, go to your local hardware store and grab 4 more 6-32 screws, 1-1/4" long with #6 washers. Should be like 0.60$.

Or the clicking issue I'm having :mad:

I had this same exact issue after installing the first one I bought. I read somewhere to give it a few days to "break in", but the pump was still louder than any other component in my rig. Exchanged it this morning, and wow, the new one is noticeably quieter and just as efficient at cooling. Maybe you should give an exchange a go?

Something seems a bit off for me. I reran the stresstest with 10 iterations, and though it passed, my temps reached 82C. This is on a q9550 at 4ghz with 1.25v. Seems kinda high, right?

If anyone wants to do push/pull, go to your local hardware store and grab 4 more 6-32 screws, 1-1/4" long with #6 washers. Should be like 0.60$.

Heck yeah, get to that hardware store pronto. There's no way you can use two screws a fan. It's impossible. It's [H]ard's first law of peer-pressure dynamics- "Use four screws per fan in push/pull or we'll run over your face."

I use two. Oh well.

Heck yeah, get to that hardware store pronto. There's no way you can use two screws a fan. It's impossible. It's [H]ard's first law of peer-pressure dynamics- "Use four screws per fan in push/pull or Kyle will run over your face."

I use two. Oh well.

Love the sarcasm... I went to the hardware store and picked up the screws (I work right by a Lowe's). They worked out great. and look good.

Love the sarcasm... I went to the hardware store and picked up the screws (I work right by a Lowe's). They worked out great. and look good.

I mean it's cool if you like four screws...but some of these guys talk like it's sacrilegious to use the four that came with it with two fans. Actually, I like using two screws per fan. I just had to clean my fans yesterday...four less screws to deal with.

I mean it's cool if you like four screws...but some of these guys talk like it's sacrilegious to use the four that came with it with two fans. Actually, I like using two screws per fan. I just had to clean my fans yesterday...four less screws to deal with.

I agree. I don't think you NEED it, but it's a good thing for sure. I'm not one to half-ass anything...

I had this same exact issue after installing the first one I bought. I read somewhere to give it a few days to "break in", but the pump was still louder than any other component in my rig. Exchanged it this morning, and wow, the new one is noticeably quieter and just as efficient at cooling. Maybe you should give an exchange a go?

Thanks for the info... just exchanged for the last one :D here goes nothing...

I just picked one up here in West Knoxville..$39+tax..just can't beat that deal.
I was surprised to see there was 6 of them on in stock here as well..

Like most coming from that exact situation, I found them to be @ equal in cooling power (in the stock configurations) but the H50 wins hands down on space/weight considerations.

IMHO at these prices it's pretty much a no-brainer. :)

That's what I was waiting to hear. I picked up two of them. One for me, and one for a future build, or anyone that needs one. (PM if you missed out and still need one.) I think this will do great, and will add a pull fan to the system. It won't hurt temps to bad in the 800D, overall, though, because I already have cool air coming in from the bottom, and all three fans on top pull air out, so the warm air from the rad won't have a chance to harm overall case temp too much. That's what I'm hoping, anyways. I'll try to post results after I install it - hopefully this weekend.

On top of that the sale is no longer going. Back to $70 from what I see.

That's what I was waiting to hear.
It's always scary when someone goes by my recommendation but I have a pretty good grasph of everything and am very competent/confident of my observations......but still....:eek: :D

I think this will do great, and will add a pull fan to the system. It won't hurt temps to bad in the 800D, overall, though, because I already have cool air coming in from the bottom, and all three fans on top pull air out,
You'll have no problems but I would suggest a 120 X 25mm pwm fan instead of two 20mm units.

That's what I use and IMHO It'll make for a cleaner looking install.

It's always scary when someone goes by my recommendation but I have a pretty good grasph of everything and am very competent/confident of my observations......but still....:eek: :D

You'll have no problems but I would suggest a 120 X 25mm pwm fan instead of two 20mm units.

That's what I use and IMHO It'll make for a cleaner looking install.

That's what I was planning. One of my super awesome PWM 120mm fans died, but i've still got one good one left.

One of my super awesome PWM 120mm fans died, but i've still got one good one left.
Cool...literally and figuratively. :)

I don't see many other people in my area that have the 25mm fans in their stash. :)

Back