Corsair H70 and Microatx

PClark99

2[H]4U
Just wanted to share my experience here. It was pretty painless with a couple caveats. Make sure you install the inner fan before you mount the unit. Also it is a good idea to get an extension cable for the 8-pin atx power cable on the motherboard as it will be quite blocked in most if not all circumstances. Oh and be sure to ready the instructions. It was about 10 minutes to install from start to finish.

SystemLeftComplete.jpg

H70R.jpg

H70L.jpg

your sig says you flashed a 6550 to a 6970 ... OUTSTANDING :rolleyes:

your sig says you flashed a 6550 to a 6970 ... OUTSTANDING :rolleyes:

thanks for catching on the typo in my signature I corrected it, :rolleyes: If I had made that video card flash work that would be something, wouldn't it.

Temps are a good bit better than my old Zalman 9700.

I haven't investigated in great detail but I am seeing 6-10C better temps. Chip idles around 30C in a 18C room. Load temps I am not sure of. But I am betting the H70 is better than the 9700 by a good amount.

Using the stock Corsair fans and the stock thermal paste that was on the water block.

I have the H70 set up to exhaust plus I have a Scythe SFF21F fan exhausting out the side.

Nice! I've been happy with my H70 so far, idle and load temps (as reported by CPUID HWMonitor, since the BIOS seems to give incorrect readings...).

The only thing that's been frustrating me is that I had replaced the stock Corsair fans with two Scythe S-Flex SFF21Fs that I had lying around, figuring they'd be better than the stock fans. However, horizontally placed in my FT03 they're putting off quite a bit of noise. So I ordered two Noctua NF-P12s to replace them with. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Can you show a pic of that? I'm curious as to what/how you did it. Nice job btw. :)

Skott,

Maybe I worded it a little confusingly.

What I meant was I was able to fit the H70 and use the internal radiator bracket along with a side facing 120mm fan for exhaust. There as enough clearance to allow the bracket with a fan in the position closest to the hard drive mounts to fit with the H70 in place. Of course I am now limited to only hard drives on the one side of the case but I can live with it. My thinking is there should be more airflow and airflow is always good.

Ah, okay. Gotcha now. Thanks. :)

<goes back to his building of new pc>

Did the H70 come with its own 1155 back plate and rention rig or did they have you use a 1156 back plate and retention ring?

1156 and 1155 mounts are identical. For all intents and purposes... 1156 bracket IS the 1155 bracket.

Back