4 GB Corsair TwinXMS PC6400 memory
EVGA i680 board
2 EVGA 8800GTX cards
Plextor DVD Burner
150 GB Raptor 10k rpm
A bunch of fans in a Antec 900 case

Thanks

Manny

Should work, although I personally would limit Corsair to my memory choice and chose something like Enermax, Seasonic or PCP&C for a high end powersupply.

Manny, the Corsair power supply is fine since it is made by Seasonic, but I would deep six the Corsair XMS2 6400 memory with those crappy PROMOS memory chips and go for something cheaper and better.

I was just wondering if this was ok. I have the same power supply and I want to go SLI as well with my 8800GTX. I know it supplies 50A total on the two 12v rails. I thought the 8800GTX needed 30A a card?

Just wondering

http://legitreviews.com/article/462/1/

this guy ran his hx620 with dual 8800 for a couple weeks with no issues

"Last week I purchased my own Corsair 620HX based on what the rep shared with me. The system I planned to run had substantial requirements, QX6700 overclocked and watercooled to 3.5GHz, and 8800 GTX SLI. A single Raptor X drive, an external USB DVD drive, a modified DDCT-01 water pump from Petra’s Tech Shop, and 2x 120mm fans round out the rest of my power consuming hardware."

My HX620 powers the medium-PSU-requirement rig in my signature.

I have run that same unit here on the test bench with X6800 and SLI 8800 GTX without issue under some very heavy usage models and it never flinched.

This unit is going to be our second PSU review.

The Corsair 620W will be fine!

It is built under contract by Seasonic to Corsair's specs & has a better (5yr) warranty. ;)

Back