Corsair HX620w or Seasonic?

Edman22

Limp Gawd
I'm almost done getting the parts for a new build. It's going to be E6600 with P5W DH and x1900xtx. I plan to overclock, and maybe get crossfire later on. I've been looking at the Corsair 620 the seasonic S12, and the upcomming M12. I've read seasonic makes the corsair, so the question is should I pick up the Corsair now, wait for an M12, or get the S12 and ditch modular PSUs?

davidhammock200 said:
I'm testing the Corsair 6202W right now & it is a GREAT PSU!

Highly Recommended! ;)

Great! Two questions though.

1) How is the noise level. Silence is important to me. Is it equal to or louder than an S12?

2) Is it true that the Corsair is basically just a Seasonic M12?

Edman22 said:
Great! Two questions though.

1) How is the noise level. Silence is important to me. Is it equal to or louder than an S12?

2) Is it true that the Corsair is basically just a Seasonic M12?
It is very quiet, although I have not had above a 450W load yet.

These are manufactured by Seasonic to Corsair's specs,
this is well above a S12, I haven't seen an M12 yet, so I couldn't say. :cool:

Good stuff. I guess there really is no sense in even waiting for the M12. In all likelyhood it will probably cost more than the Corsair when it first hits the shelves.

Just received my HX20 Corsair, and it is no noisier than the Tagan 530W it replaced...........i.e. the noise of it is in amongst the 3 x 120MM and 1 x 92mm fans that are whooshing about in my Kandalf case.......... :D
So I don't think noise is an issue.
I can hear it, if I stick my ear right up against the exhaust grill, but that is not an easy way to use my keyboard which is some two feet away.... :D

The fan on my 620HX is absolutely silent. Granted, I haven't even stressed the PSU over 25% yet, but I would certainly recommend it.

thanks for all of the great input, sounds like a good psu. I just placed my order for the Corsair HX620W.

troisanh said:
PC P&C 750 silencer. :D

I thought about that one, but couldn't really justify spending another £60 or so for another 130W, when 620W is plenty for me.
It looks nice the 750 Silencer, but all that extra money........... :D

Back