Corsair Sets New Overclocking World Record

DDR3 = 1/2 the advertised speed.

I don't see whats the point of 1700MHz per ram when the actual performance wall is 1600 for DDR3. Anything over DDR3 1600Mhz = 0 Performance gain for stupid price. (Its been proven)

Yay for a useless benchmark but grats on the bench anyways?

How is it half the advertised speed? If that was true they would be sued by now. Or...are you going to get in a symantics argument?

Zarathustra[H];1038057943 said:
Drag racing is equally retarded.

It's absolutely not interesting to see the performance of a computer that can only perform under very small isolated conditions for short periods of time.

Unless it is long term stable and convenient enough to be a "daily driver" I am completely uninterested.

this goes for both computers AND racing.

Drag racing requires great skill and is the one of the most dangerous motorsports. Lots of people especially uerotrash love to rag on drag racing usually because they suck at it or they think it doesn't take any skill. I remember the little Hammond fellow from Top Gear nearly killed himself in a drag car.

Yay! Pointless RAM overclocking on a crappity pointless CPU! :eek:

What is it with these "world records". Even on enthusiast sites noone gives a crap. Plus they seem kind of removed from performance reality (e.g. I overclocked a poor CPU with low low IPC to a level that makes it in the same league as an everyday much much less overclocked, much better CPU, but the mhz be higher! It must be more powerful! :eek:)

I remember the little Hammond fellow from Top Gear nearly killed himself in a drag car.

That makes me nearly like drag racing.

They mentioned the brand of cpu, ram and power supply but no mention of what motherboard they used. That's the $ question.

Wow....I take that there are some people posting here that NEVER do anything just for fun or for the hell of it? I've done some BMX racing n riding, bungee jumping, and beer drinking which has no practical purpose but it was fun. Of course, I never came close setting any world records in any of those areas but I had a good time.

Back