Corsair Super-sizes Hydro Series Liquid Coolers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, designer of high-performance PC hardware components, today announced the Hydro Series™ H110 and H90 liquid CPU coolers. With huge radiator cooling surfaces areas of 280mm and 140mm respectively and specially designed 140mm low-speed, high static pressure fans, the new coolers deliver superior CPU cooling and quieter operation than smaller 120mm designs.

The Hydro Series H110 is a low-noise, high-performance liquid CPU cooler with a double-length 280mm by 140mm radiator. The H110 radiator's large surface area provides more contact room for heat dissipation and for side-by-side mounting of dual fans. Each fan is a specially-designed low-speed 140mm static pressure fan, which moves much more air per decibel of noise than 120mm fans. Combined, the larger radiators and lower fan-speeds produce better performance with much lower noise levels than smaller 120mm dual-fan coolers. The H110 fits cases with dual 140mm top fan mounts and 20mm screw spacing.1

The Hydro Series H90, like the H110, is a low-noise, high-performance liquid CPU cooler, but with a more compact square 140mm radiator and a single 140mm static pressure fan. The large radiator and spacious surface area combined with lower fan-speeds produce better performance than smaller 120mm single fan coolers with lower noise. The H90 is compatible with many cases with a rear or top 140mm fan mount.

The Hydro Series H110 and H90 liquid coolers feature an enhanced copper cold plate with soaks up heat more efficiently than previous generation designs. Both coolers are compatible with most modern CPU platforms including AMD AM2, AM3, AM3+, FM2 and FM1 and Intel LGA 1155, LGA 1156, LGA 1366, and LGA 2011.

Guess NZXT got to it first this time, those fans look suspiciously similar to the ones provided in the Kraken X40 and X60... so do the radiators and pumps for that matter.

A 280mm radiator is the max my case can support, I wonder where these radiator wars will end

Will the H110 fit in a 550D case, with 4 fans or just 2 fans? Or is it like the H100 where it just doesn't fit well (if at all) with 4 fans? ... and WHY did they have to use that mounting system where you have to rotate the block a little bit? It really makes install or removal that much more difficult.

Will the H110 fit in a 550D case, with 4 fans or just 2 fans? Or is it like the H100 where it just doesn't fit well (if at all) with 4 fans? ... and WHY did they have to use that mounting system where you have to rotate the block a little bit? It really makes install or removal that much more difficult.

Finally someone agrees with me about the mounting system. I fucking hate it but everybody else at works loves it.

meh I would have loved the h110 because of the 140mm fan mounts in my fractal r4 but I just bought the h100i and tbh Im happy with it. Maybe in a few builds Ill go try it out.

That's Asetek's mounting system, which is who Corsair and NZXT are sourcing those parts from; the nicer, newer mounting system is from the Coolit.

20mm spacing? Come on, the watercooling community really needs to make up their minds about which spacing they will go with!!

BTW, NZXT ones use 15mm spacing. Cases are either 15 or 20, there's no standard. Even among 140mm radiators, there's no standard. Makes it hard on those of us that want to use 140mm radiators :mad:

I'd have to get some 140mm to 120mm adapters to get the Corsair H110 to work with My HAF-932, at least until I could upgrade to an NZXT 630 case....

I'd have to get some 140mm to 120mm adapters to get the Corsair H110 to work with My HAF-932, at least until I could upgrade to an NZXT 630 case....

That won't work due to fan spacing issues.

Also, be careful because NZXT is apparently switching to 15mm 140mm fan spacing on their cases.

I need something like that in my shuttle.. they need to make one that will fit in a 90mm size..

Would love the H90. Though, I am running a Zalman Z9+, and they list 120mm as the max size... Hmm, case mod incoming?

i hope the h110 fits in an nzxt phantom.

but sheesh man, how many more models are they gonna create!

That won't work due to fan spacing issues.

There're some slim 120mm to 140mm fan adapters.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9004/duc-
49/Bitspower_Low_Profile_140mm_To_120mm_Fan_Adapter_-_Black_BP-FA140120-BK.html

And IF your case lets you to do so, yes, it'll work. You'll need longer screws though.

And would be better than having 140mm fans since 120mm fans push much more H20 pressure per cube, and since AIO's have very thicks fins that require high pressure fans to get good perf. out.

You just need a drill, a dremmel and a steady hand.;)

Looks like 140mm is going to surpass 120mm as the standard fan size sooner than later.

Why do we need yet another fan size spec? 120 has served us well for years now.

Why do we need yet another fan size spec? 120 has served us well for years now.

140mm fans are quieter per RPM. But they also push significantly less H20 per cubic pressure per inch, making them a worse choice for rads w/ thick fins (ones that require high air pressure in water gauge fans to get good performance out).

Krylon, the Hxi series of coolers, who is making the pump/mounting? Asetek or Coolit? I can't keep track anymore.

There're some slim 120mm to 140mm fan adapters.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9004/duc-
49/Bitspower_Low_Profile_140mm_To_120mm_Fan_Adapter_-_Black_BP-FA140120-BK.html

And IF your case lets you to do so, yes, it'll work. You'll need longer screws though.

And would be better than having 140mm fans since 120mm fans push much more H20 pressure per cube, and since AIO's have very thicks fins that require high pressure fans to get good perf. out.

It won't work because the 120mm fan spacings are spaced for a standard 15mm fan spacing radiator. With the 120-140 adapter, the spacing on the fans is the 140mm fan spacing (15 or 20mm) + the size difference (20mm). The holes won't line up, you will need to make your own holes.

Back