Corsair Vengeance 1300 [Analog Headset] - $39.99

Hmm... debating this or a G930 (on sale for $100 at BB).

Aside from a cord, how is this quality wise?

I love mine. Paid a little more for them to use with my Sound Blaster Z. The mic is very high quality and people in my Ventrilo server say I sound perfect now. The earphones are comfortable and provide great sound. I am not an expert on audio, just a casual gamer. These are well worth 40$ in my opinion.

Can't say I like Corsair headsets. Had HS1A's that fell apart from normal use within a few months (poor plastic design). Paid to ship them back, was sent some 1300's. 1300's got a screw loose in one earphone and also plays half the volume in the other. No way to take them apart without breaking them.

The return process is relatively easy. However, having to pay return shipping for their design flaws is unacceptable.

Can't say I like Corsair headsets. Had HS1A's that fell apart from normal use within a few months (poor plastic design). Paid to ship them back, was sent some 1300's. 1300's got a screw loose in one earphone and also plays half the volume in the other. No way to take them apart without breaking them.

The return process is relatively easy. However, having to pay return shipping for their design flaws is unacceptable.

Makes me nervous, however, at this price I assume I could resell them for exactly what I paid if I didn't like.

Makes me nervous, however, at this price I assume I could resell them for exactly what I paid if I didn't like.

Don't be nervous, Corsair headsets are durable, he just got a defective one. I've had a couple Corsair headsets and they were built as solid as any other headset I've ever tried.

I love both my HS1's and Vengeance 1500's. I recommend Corsair's headsets to everyone looking for a new set.

and a gold award for the 1500? I do like my 1500s but not sure if I would say they're all that. I did have to fool with the settings quite a bit to get a good sound from them but still great for a USB set.

Is the 1300 just an analogue version of the 1500? In any case, the build quality of the one set I've used is very good so far; owned mine for about 8 months or so. It is about the most comfy set I've used and the mic is pretty clear.

The bass on this headset is complete shit in case anyone is curious.

I have the 1500's and I think the only difference is USB right? Using the EQ I can get these 1500's to vibrate my eardrum and make them itch, and thats on just USB power (this coming from somebody who had a friend with six 18inch fosgates in an extended cab back in the day, abused ears!). I think they have nice lows, once adjusted. Maybe your soundcard couldn't push them?

I can vouch for the 1500's anyway. $40 is a nice price. These are normally around $70.

The bass is very thin at the default settings, you really do need to play with all of the settings to get it to sound rich and to kill the shrill-sounding vocals in some games or media.

That said, there is a pretty wide range and you can tweak it to get almost any kind of sound you like. The exception probably is they won't thump with heavy bass.

I have the 1500's and I think the only difference is USB right? Using the EQ I can get these 1500's to vibrate my eardrum and make them itch, and thats on just USB power (this coming from somebody who had a friend with six 18inch fosgates in an extended cab back in the day, abused ears!). I think they have nice lows, once adjusted. Maybe your soundcard couldn't push them?

I can vouch for the 1500's anyway. $40 is a nice price. These are normally around $70.

I'm using the USB sound card that came with a previous pair of Creative Sound Blaster 3D Alpha Sigma cans. Those had 50mm drivers and had much more bass, sadly. :(

This is [H]. Why are we talking about gamer branded consumer crap?

I'm as much of a fan of Corsair as anyone else. There are markets like Memory and Power Supplies where they belong. Not audio.

Check out some of these brands first before jumping on Logitech or Corsair.

Beyer Dynamic
Sennheiser
Denon
AKG
Audio Technica

You can start to find deals around the $75 range and up. Amazon Warehouse is a score every so often.

This is [H]. Why are we talking about gamer branded consumer crap?

I'm as much of a fan of Corsair as anyone else. There are markets like Memory and Power Supplies where they belong. Not audio.

Check out some of these brands first before jumping on Logitech or Corsair.

Beyer Dynamic
Sennheiser
Denon
AKG
Audio Technica

You can start to find deals around the $75 range and up. Amazon Warehouse is a score every so often.
You should definitely avoid "gamer" headphones and pretty much all headsets for that matter if you want any quality audio.

This particular deal seems to be pretty good for how cheap it is compared to the brands you listed, especially if you plan to attach your own mic to it. So if your little tight on cash, this looks pretty good.

Also, seems to be sold out now anyway.

Back