Corsair XMS4000 DDR500 PC-4000 TWINX

skinlab

Gawd
i got a buyer for my OCZ sticks (djnes should be doing backflips now) and i'm now buying Corsair - buyer got a hell of a deal too, sticks selling for $500CDN now ($575 taxed), i'm selling them for $365... - no, it's not that i'm not happy with my OCZ, it's because i'm moving overseas, and out of ALL the memory makers, Corsair is the only one that has a supplier in the country i'm moving to (UAE in case anyone is wondering) which would make it easier for me to do an RMA if need be.

now, a few questions:

1) how many revisions are there? i know rev. 1 had 4.0ns hynix chips, were any other revisions released?

2) how far will they go at 2.85vdimm on a p4p800-dx? i'm just looking to run them 1:1 at 250fsb for now, but in case i want to go further. reviews have gotten 260-266fsb, the latter at 3.0volts however

3) are there any compatibility issues with the p4p800-dx and these sticks?

4) lowest possible latency at 250fsb? i know they are rated at 3-4-4-8, but a reviewer was able to run them at 2.5-3-4-5 (again, 3.0v)

that's pretty much it.

thanks.

anyone?
i got these on hold, picking them up friday, gotta know by then

platinum heatspreaders. sexy.

Wheres UAE?
Not sure about your sticks but from experiance if Coursair says it can then it will. My ram runs at 11,3,3,2.5 with no problem at 250 it's just that my tempormental cpu won't play nice!

Good luck with your move:)

Originally posted by OPUS1
Wheres UAE?
Not sure about your sticks but from experiance if Coursair says it can then it will. My ram runs at 11,3,3,2.5 with no problem at 250 it's just that my tempormental cpu won't play nice!

Good luck with your move:)

UAE = United Arab Emirates

11-3-3-2.5 isnt half bad at 250mhz, i wouldnt mind running that

you try pushing it above 250?

OCZ? Whats that!?!?! "Sticks" ,do you mean that you have branches in your computer?? Your silly. Your very silly. Ha. Haha.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by L33TNerd
OCZ? Whats that!?!?! "Sticks" ,do you mean that you have branches in your computer?? Your silly. Your very silly. Ha. Haha.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

what the fuck is this jackass doing here?

looking for the ban police!

No haven't tried. Call me a scared E cat but i'm to lazy to do a reinstall!

Originally posted by skinlab
i know they are rated at 3-4-4-8

my samsung 3200 runs 240fsb at those timings on stock voltage... hmmm why is this stuff so much more expensive?

Originally posted by L33TNerd

What are you?

UAE is a beautiful place, unless you are a native woman lacking rights.

Originally posted by Mad_Pyro
UAE is a beautiful place, unless you are a native woman lacking rights.

lol

yeh, amazing place, hot as hell in the summer though, 55celcius
women have more rights now, government getting a bit more liberal. i went back there last year to scout things out, so many american/british/canadian women there now. on the other side of the spectrum, theres a HUGE population of european "working girls" there now too, fun! :p

back to the ram though, any more useful comments, unlike the "branches" jackass.

just got em
they've got platinum heatspreaders (sexy), but they're revision 2.1
much of a diff between 1.1 and 2.1?

L33TNerd said:
It's a great product. The whole-new feel to it makes the caller i.d. fuction great.

golf.jpg

Back