Could Apple Get in Bed with AMD?

LOL AMD runs way cooler than core chips. You know how apple likes to go fanless. Only makes sense. I'm just amazed that I didn't see it coming. It only makes perfect business sense for AMD and Apple.

Your on fucking crack. I ahve owned 5 AMD chips and they run hot as hell compared to intel :rolleyes:

His statement was true 5 years ago with the P4.

Both statements are only valid depending on the processors in question.

If those 5 chips were Athlon XPs, then I can see where that idea came from.

Its valid now, with phenomII in comparison to i7. Are you intel shills trying to bullshit people into buying a hyped product?

Who needs an i7, when the i5 is just as good as AMD's fastest proc available?

Who needs an i7, when the i5 is just as good as AMD's fastest proc available?

Source? ;)
just kidding, im not a douche.

But that is just your opinion based on criteria that only you give a shit about.
It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what apple thinks. And im pretty sure AMD is hitting on all the points that they're looking for.

Apple is such a slut. Now they want to sleep with the guys who hang out in front of the dollar store..

It really depends on the processor that you're talking about. If Apple buys the "e" series, which are just about impossible to find in quantity, then FingerSlut has a point about power consumption. If you are talking just regular quad cores, then AMD and Intel are pretty even on TDP as far as processors go. There is more to it than just the processor, though, since as a platform, we cannot say who has the overall lead, since the implementations can vary greatly.

Let's keep the discussion civil and not go too far off topic, ladies and gentlemen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Phenom_microprocessors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_i7

Source? ;)
just kidding, im not a douche.

But that is just your opinion based on criteria that only you give a shit about.
It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what apple thinks. And im pretty sure AMD is hitting on all the points that they're looking for.

Well, according to Anandtech's review of the i7 980X, the i5 670 is pretty close to the Phenom II X4 965. Taking some of the benches, losing some of the benches, while still being close competition. It achieves all this while consuming less power under idle or full load. All that from a dual-core processor. Take a step up to the i7 920 and the 965 takes a beating.

The only way I can see Apple even considering AMD, is if they've got something cooking up behind the scenes and it beats whatever Intel has behind the scenes. At least performance wise.

There's always the money thing. Make a cheaper product, but continue selling it for a lot of money.

Its valid now, with phenomII in comparison to i7. Are you intel shills trying to bullshit people into buying a hyped product?

But uou cant compare that due to the fact that i7 is a lot faster.

i5 750 vs phenom II 965 is mroe of a worthy comparison and the i5 runs cooler.

Apple is such a slut. Now they want to sleep with the guys who hang out in front of the dollar store..

Step 2: Have Apple Fanboy video tape the act
Step 3: Mass produce videos of said sleeping around with guys infront of the dollar store
Step 3: ??? (Internet or DVDs) ??
Step 4: Profit!

Step 2: Have Apple Fanboy video tape the act
Step 3: Mass produce videos of said sleeping around with guys infront of the dollar store
Step 3: ??? (Internet or DVDs) ??
Step 4: Profit!

I like the way you think!

:D:cool:

Back