Could it be?! a Logitech G5 mouse with 2 side buttons?!

Very Nice! I like the look of it too, but agree the price is a bit much... Maybe I'll swing by there and put my grubby mitts on one! :D

Yeah, that's the rev. 2. There's a thread somewhere around here about it. It's about time Logitech did that though!

I currently own a logitech mx518 right now. what is the difference between the g5 and my current mouse besides how you can adjust the weight on the g5.

I've got one and I'm using it right now. As far as I am concerned it is the best wired mouse ever constructed.

I was looking around for a place to buy one. My wireless mouse that came with my MX5000 just isn't cutting it anymore.

I was looking around for a place to buy one. My wireless mouse that came with my MX5000 just isn't cutting it anymore.

Is that the Bluetooth MX1000? If so, don't blame the mouse, it's the BT :D

I love my MX1000 (the old, non-sucky one) but if Logitech ever makes a two-thumb button G7, I'm switching for sure.

EDIT:

Also, for the above poster. The G5 has little cartridges that go into the bottom of it. It comes with a few different weights that you can use (or even use all, I think). The G7 doesn't have this feature, because they had to use that area for the battery.

The G5 is a laser mouse.

The MX518 is a wired laser mouse and looks exactly the same , i'm also using one.

The G7 doesn't have this feature, because they had to use that area for the battery.

I believe he was talking about MX518.

Seems like the only difference is the weights, which is uh.. Whatever.

You get used to the weight of a mouse in a week, but I guess it iss fundamentally better to make it the weight you prefer.

dang! now they need one for the G7. I would love it if they could make the mx1000 with the G line's laser engine. MX1000 is a bit slower, really needs the precision of the G line.

Well, I was walking around BB today, and I said screw it...bought one...

Impressions: I don't really care for the blue color, but the texture is amazing. Not anywhere near as "slick" as the normal G5, its a grippy rubber compound of some sort, very nice. The addition of the forward button completes the mouse, the location of the button is slightly too far forward on the mouse, but its there when you need it. Overall, Its bad ass. Buy one, buy one now.

The MX518 is a wired laser mouse and looks exactly the same , i'm also using one.

I believe he was talking about MX518.

Seems like the only difference is the weights, which is uh.. Whatever.

You get used to the weight of a mouse in a week, but I guess it iss fundamentally better to make it the weight you prefer.

You are incorrect. The MX518 is a optical mouse. The G5 uses an actual laser for tracking purposes. It also has a different finish, different button and software configurations (internal) and a cord that isn't suppose to maintain a shape for too long so you don't get kinks in it. The G5 also has a sensitivity adjustment with a guage to tell you what mode it's in. To further set them apart the MX518 is 1600dpi and the G5 is 2000dpi.

I was gonna say... If my MX518 is a laser mouse than I must be seeing things. :) Where the hell is that red light coming from!

The problem with laser mice is that they are still slower than optical mice by far (i.e. MX518). I can make a laser mouse skip all day in UT2004.

All in all, the new G5 is what Logitech should have released in the first place.

The problem with laser mice is that they are still slower than optical mice by far (i.e. MX518). I can make a laser mouse skip all day in UT2004.

All in all, the new G5 is what Logitech should have released in the first place.

what are you taking about? the laser is way better then my old logitech. I do agree that they should have had the 2nd button from the beginning.

what are you taking about? the laser is way better then my old logitech. I do agree that they should have had the 2nd button from the beginning.

It's a well known fact that laser has some real serious issues, like skipping, jittering, and a lot of other little niggles, compared to comparable optical mice. Sorta like when optical first came out, had to go through growing pains. I guess laser is going through its own growing pains, that's all.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

It's a well known fact that laser has some real serious issues, like skipping, jittering, and a lot of other little niggles, compared to comparable optical mice. Sorta like when optical first came out, had to go through growing pains. I guess laser is going through its own growing pains, that's all.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

There is some jittering. I've noticed this several times on both G5's and both G7's that I own. It's not too bad and it hasn't affected my gameplay but it is there.

There is some jittering. I've noticed this several times on both G5's and both G7's that I own. It's not too bad and it hasn't affected my gameplay but it is there.

Correct. I remember you stating this in some thread a while back.

I had a Copperhead, which uses the same sensor as the one in the G7 and the G5. Needless to say, I never realized how much I was being held back by that laser sensor until I switched to my Deathadder.

Correct. I remember you stating this in some thread a while back.

I had a Copperhead, which uses the same sensor as the one in the G7 and the G5. Needless to say, I never realized how much I was being held back by that laser sensor until I switched to my Deathadder.

Does the Deathadder use a different sensor?

i am just wondering why you would have jittering when i play Red Orchestra(based off UT2.5) and haven't had a problem. That is a game i would notice if the mouse was giving me any trouble.

i am just wondering why you would have jittering when i play Red Orchestra(based off UT2.5) and haven't had a problem. That is a game i would notice if the mouse was giving me any trouble.

It's hard to describe and it took along time for me to even notice it. Plus it doesn't happen constantly, it's just something I've noticed here and there. I certainly notice it in UT2004 and in the Battlefield games more than anything. Doom 3 and it's expansion, Quake 4 are games that I haven't ever noticed any problem with.

Does the Deathadder use a different sensor?

Yes it does. I guess I wasn't being clear in my other posts. The Deathadder uses an optical sensor, albeit a 3rd generation one: it's infrared as opposed to being a straight red LED optical.

Jittering, not really an issue. But SKIPPING, heck yes. Move to make a quick swipe and you'll either end up looking at the ceiling or the floor.

Jittering, not really an issue. But SKIPPING, heck yes. Move to make a quick swipe and you'll either end up looking at the ceiling or the floor.

This is true as well, but for me it hasn't been a big problem. Granted this effect is more pronounced in some games than in others. I can imagine that it is a HUGE problem for extremely low sensitivity players. I play at pretty high sensitivity levels but nothing as extreme as I've seen out of some.

This is true as well, but for me it hasn't been a big problem. Granted this effect is more pronounced in some games than in others. I can imagine that it is a HUGE problem for extremely high sensitivity players. I play at pretty high sensitivity levels but nothing as extreme as I've seen out of some.

I think here you meant to say LOW sensitivity players. The lower the sensitivity is, the faster you have to physically move the mouse; thus, the effect will be much more pronounced than with high sensitivity.

I think here you meant to say LOW sensitivity players. The lower the sensitivity is, the faster you have to physically move the mouse; thus, the effect will be much more pronounced than with high sensitivity.

Right.

EDIT: And fixed.

Back