*** Countdown to 500 GPU ***

Ok guys i think we were at 59 but please re add your video cards if you don't see your latest posts!!!! we must get to 0 so we can start over:D

Add my 9800GTX to the mix. I have also started folding with my Q6600 for team 33 :D.

Thanks to the Nitteo retool, was able to grab one of his deals on a 8800GS.

Folding for a cure just a bit more now.

Got an 8800 GTX goin, my team dried up and we are losing rank too fast, so might as well fold for the horde! PS3 also fwiw...

Added:
2xGTX295 = 4GPU cores
4x9800GTX+ = 4GPU cores
8 total GPU cores added

Added:
3xGTX285
3x9800GX2

Total of 9 cores added. Should have the funds for an additional 2xGTX295 in a few weeks

Added:
2x 9600 GSO's

only thing is are all 500 still folding? I dont think so... :(

9800m gs

folding on my laptop until I get my rig at home connected to the internet (x1800xt so it probably won't do much anyway)

I added a GTX 260 before the CC started

and as soon as brother Kendrak get me the dummy plugs he is making I will have 2 more GTX 260's

do they count for 2 cards since we are trying to average 3k per card? My 260s do 6k-7k

ahh , what the hell, forgot about htis thread
count me in for my 2 new 260's

so let me get this straight, 500gpu at an average of lets say 4500 ppd =....... 2.25 million PPD ramp up.

Somehow I don't think we got that sort of increase.

Yes around 40M per month to around 100M per month is in the 2M per day increase range. Plus we have had several donate CPU time to other DC activities (like WCG) and keep GPU client folding. Great way for the [H] to branch out and stay on top.

That, and there's people in this thread that are no longer folding and didn't subtract their cards back out.

Since you guys are looking for CUDA enabled devices, wouldn't it be smarter to just purchase one of these and put it in a sub $300 refurbished system rather then paying the absurd amounts that some of you guys sink into your systems?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4259469&CatId=28

What kind of performance would one expect from this card? (NVIDIA Tesla C1060 Computing Processor - 4GB GDDR3 RAM, PCI-Express 2.0, 240 Processing Cores)

what about the http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4311512&CatId=3585 (PNY QuadroFX 5800 Workstation Video Card - 4GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, (2) Dual-link DVI, Display Port, 240 Cores)

Since you guys are looking for CUDA enabled devices, wouldn't it be smarter to just purchase one of these and put it in a sub $300 refurbished system rather then paying the absurd amounts that some of you guys sink into your systems?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4259469&CatId=28
No, because that's just a glorified GTX280 which has 4GB of RAM that happens to be essentially useless for F@H. For the price of one of those cards, you could put together a multi-GPU box that produces 3-4 times the output.
what about the http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4311512&CatId=3585 (PNY QuadroFX 5800 Workstation Video Card - 4GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, (2) Dual-link DVI, Display Port, 240 Cores)
That card is basically the same thing, except over twice the price for some reason.

Most of the multi-GPU rigs that have been showcased here have been pretty impressive in their ppd/$ and ppd/Watt figures. Your average refurb system will be a 1 or 2 slotter and will not have the PSU to support 2 high performance cards. I put a 9600GSO in my gf's HP desktop and the PSU was enough but by no means overkill to support that low-end by folding standards card.

A typical build on here might have 3 video cards and about $150 in 1 or 2 PSUs to run it. Add in a $100 AMD mobo and a $120 CPU and a $60 HDD and you have all the makings of a Hawt naked boxen with room for 3 vid cards for $430 if you deal hunt. Plus the more cards you stuff in one box the fewer OSes you have to install.

3 vid cards for $430 if you deal hunt.

Ebay and FS section on here have had some sweet deals on video cards. Some recently were dumping 8800GT's for $50-75, ebay had some 8800GTX's for $75... just go to newegg and get MSI's 4 slotter board and some other components and you've got another pretty high ppd/$ rig. It's pretty sweet. Vs. having lots of boards with only a pin modded Q6600 like you'd use to have to do.

power is the biggie, ill second that, even my 3 way box was hard to find a cheap power supply for

Just ordered a second HD4890 for my main rig. Got the HIS deal for about $171 from newegg. If I'm lucky I'll get another $20 off that on the MIR.

Back