Counter-Strike: Source and Half-life 2 Benchmarks > by the end of the month Please.

Blad3

Gawd
As it's using source it may also be an accurate indication of how Half life 2 will run as well. There's no reason not to do benchmarks of counter-strike: source by the end of the month, especially as CZ and ATI coupon owners will be able to get it by then. Also they're the benchmarks that matter: Very few are going to worry about even a 10-20(!)fps difference in Half life 2 between the two cards as they will almost definitely be able to play it at 1600x1200, 4xAA and at the highest detail settings.

But with CS:Source, as a fan, you are going to want that fps advantage if it exists between the cards, just like if you're a Doom3 online player/fan wanting the highest possible fps - you want nvidia's 6800 card. So could somebody please get those benchmarks done asap, I don't see why HardOCP can't get some benchmark's of it going soon, as I bet they have an ATI coupon or a copy of Condition Zero with which to download the CS:source Beta.

Yea i'd like to see some benchmarks of the new Counterstrike as well. I'm looking forward to HL2 and all the mods for it. :cool:

It will be the final decider between the 6800u and the x800xt for me, with the exception of the x800xt's availability by Half-life 2.

I wonder if I'll be able to run Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike Source at 1600x1200, 4xaa at the highest detail settings with just the 9800xt I have...?

Way to demand something from people who owe you nothing. :rolleyes:

Spacy9 said:
Way to demand something from people who owe you nothing. :rolleyes:

i don't see exactly what you are getting at. yes they don't have to answer any of our demands, but as were are the public (and consumer of hardware and software) it would surely be a good idea to post reviews/benchmarks/etc. that the public are interested in

HL2 is so easy to run, compared to Doom 3. I bet any 9800 series will run HL2 flawlessly, nevermind a 6800. =D

I thought CS:Source was just a beta available to CS:CZ and HL2 coupon owners. No one said HL2 was going to be available this month. Gabe Newell said HL2 preloading (graphics, etc) was going to begin this month, not that the game itself was going to be available.

http://www.counter-strike.net/news.html
"Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés begins today. On Wednesday, this first phase of the beta will open and the game will be playable at all cyber cafes that subscribe to the Valve Cyber Café Program. Later this month, the beta will be extended to owners of Counter-Strike™: Condition Zero™ and ATI Fulfillment Coupon holders."

http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2369&st=0
Gabe Newell: "8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts (textures, audio and other stuff that doesn't change)."

Back