Couple questions about USB-C headphone adapters?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got a Google Pixel 7, it does not have a headphone jack. No big problem I thought, I will just get a USB-C adapter. I bought a 2 pack of cheap adapters for like $8, they work just fine. Sound is ok but I am no audiophile so what do I know. I also bought an adapter that also had a separate charge port so I could Charge my phone while listening to audio. However when I plug it in the phone tells me the adapter is not compatible with my phone (not sure if it is defective or not, when I plug it into my PC nothing happens, in the reviews for the adapter others have reported that they got the same message also.). I have been looking at getting a nicer DAC/Adapter. I am looking at the Fiio KA1 or KA3, but before I spend the money I was trying to make sure it is compatible, don't want the hassle of having to return it if I don't have to. I asked Fiio if they knew if it was compatible or not and got a pretty generic answer, "Both KA1 or KA3 can be used with Android phones, Google Pixel 7 is Android, it should be possible." Not very assuring. How can I be sure if they are compatible or not?

Is there a way to use the Fiio DAC and charge my phone as well?

Last edited:
I would go back and ask them that last question exactly how it's worded here. I couldn't make heads or tails otherwise from the Fiio product pages either.

I want to hazard a recommendation for trying Qi charging while using one of the adapters you are currently using.

Just a quick clarification that I have used an astro mixamp or whatever they're called with my phone before. It doesn't charge the phone, but it doesn't drain it as quickly either.

Last edited:
I would go back and ask them that last question exactly how it's worded here. I couldn't make heads or tails otherwise from the Fiio product pages either.

I want to hazard a recommendation for trying Qi charging while using one of the adapters you are currently using.

Just a quick clarification that I have used an astro mixamp or whatever they're called with my phone before. It doesn't charge the phone, but it doesn't drain it as quickly either.
Thank you.

I thought about doing Wireless/Qi charging while using the adapters. I would like to get a Power Bank that has one built in for on the go. This is my first phone with either PD or Wireless charging. I am starting out fresh getting the components I need to properly charge my phone and other devices. Currently I only have 2 cables that support PD and only one Charger. I just got a Power Bank yesterday that does as well. There all cheap no name brand stuff for now but they all had really good reviews. I will be getting some name brand (Anker, Fiio, ect.) stuff eventually.

Last edited:
Back