CPU bound?

stca16

Limp Gawd
In the rig in my sig, I get 10300 3dmark06 points in sli, but get 8100 points single card.
Is this indicatiing a large deficit because of the cpu? What processor would i need to get more performance?Is there a point where cpu scaling doesn't help anymore with these cards? I thought sli would give me more of an increase.
I'm not complaining because everthing I play runs wonderfully, I'm just curious as to the small apparent increase in performance when both cards are activated.

There's been a few articles about this here on the forums. I think you would have a performance increase if you went with a core 2 duo, but like you said your games perform wonderfully. If your happy with the performance your getting then just hold tight. I myself just got a new set-up including a core 2 duo e6600, but I figured it would be worth it since the highest resolution I can go up to is 1680x1080, and I might see a good increase at this res.

To bad my p965 ds3 was doa or else I would tell you what I gained. Oh well I'll have to wait another week. I am quite excited to see what the difference will be in games going from an x2 @2.5 and 2 gigs of ddr400, to a c2d @ 3.0 with 2 gigs of ddr800. It will be interesting because every time I ever upgraded it's included a video card, this time it's different :)

CPU bound, but only in 3dmark, which is a crappy way of telling if you're REALISTICALLY CPU bound.

Back