CPU INIT (Maximus Formula) - Please help..

aem

Limp Gawd
edit: yes! Think its working now. At least I'm at bios. Was about to go to sleep but then decided to try a couple things. First I had left the cmos battery out about 20-30 minutes. Popped that back in. Then I put it back together and removed some extra motherboard spacers I accidentally put in.

So I just finished building my 1st PC today. Now I'm beginning to regret not just buying an XPS from Dell. 99% sure everything is assembled correctly. I'm using a Maximus Formula, Q6600 G0, PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad 750W, Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, etc.

When I power the system on, everything seems to turn on except I don't get any display on my monitor. The LCD Poster is stuck at CPU init whether the system is on or off. The status lights on the motherboard are all lit up (green, yellow, red ones). The only other issue I've noticed is that my 2 140 mm fans on the top of my case don't seem to spin unless I give them a tiny push and then they spin up.

I don't have the knowledge nor components to attempt to fix this. I guess I should have looked harder to find a more stable motherboard. Searching online it looks like the most likely issues are that the motherboard's bios needs an update to support the G0 Q6600 or that I need to put in slower/lower voltage ram to get to the bios to change some settings before using my faster ram.

Any other issues it could likely be? Any suggestions on what to do? I'd return the motherboard, but it seems NewEgg's return policy on it states my only option is to exchange it for the same one. I obviously would like to avoid ordering an older processor and/or slower ram since that is even more money and might not help. Sigh...

All powerconnectors propperly connected?
Try removing the CMOS battery and wait for 30min.
Re-install the battery and fire up.

Back