CPU voltage dip of 0.05V when under load normal?

mr-busta

Weaksauce
Whenever I put my system under load (prime95), I notice a voltage drop from 1.50V to 1.47 or even 1.45V in CPU-Z sometimes. This is on a Biostar TForce6100-939 mATX board and Operton 165.

Would like to know if anyone out there with a DFI or other quality board notice this much voltage drop under load?

I dunno, I get fluctuation in voltage on my epox board as well. I dont think its anything to worry about. Ive never been unstable before so... If I were to guess, its the software/windows thats reading it wrong, not necessarily the voltage.

Thanks for the reply, I'm hitting a brick wall at 2.64GHz with this Opty at 1.5V at both 294HTT and 330HTT. I just have this feeling that this processor is capable of much more. The voltage drop seems excessive to me since the precision you can set it to in the BIOS is in 0.025V increments.

Voltage drops under load are normal, I don't know about that much, but you should be okay

bump.. anyone else with a DFI and DC Opty notice this much voltage drop under load?

I've seen someone else with the same CPU stepping and model getting around 2.8Ghz on the same voltage. I know I'm not FSB limited, b/c I can go up to 330, but I'm not so sure my wall at 2.64G is limited by CPU because I'm seeing this voltage fluctuation. I'm on mATX and the mobo power distribution may not be as great as an ATX for example.

Thx

Back