CPU-Z Slow?

Volume

2[H]4U
I just got the CPU/mobo in my sig, and noticed that when I run CPU-Z, it takes around 15 seconds to start up. What could be the cause of this? I'll include a screenshot of the CPU tab so you can see if any data seems out of place or unusual.

my.php

...unless it is completely normal that it takes so long each and every time.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, having brand new hardware and all...

Thanks!

Thats pretty normal with CPUZ. So I wouldnt worry about it.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but thats how it works on my systems.

Spyware/Virus.... bad memory match???

*Edit it takes less then a second for me to load it....

it took less than a second on my pentium 4 1.5ghz with 256mb ram.

It takes 10 seconds ~ on my amd 3200+ [email protected] with 1 gig ram CLEAN install of xp with SP2, the first program I ran was cpu-Z, so yours would be fine.

yup.. same here.. takes about maybe 10secs to load.. mind you this already on X2 4400+ oclocked.

but when i use it w/ my p4 system it takes about a sec to load.. so i guess it's AMD thing.. :D

oh well.. everything runs great so i wouldnt worry about it.

Yeah; some machines seem to bother the Panopsys engine. Some take a long time, some don't; I haven't had the time to try and figure out what sets it off.

My 754 rig would launch it instantly, my 939 takes about 10 seconds. I think it may be an nforce issue as that's what most amd systems seem to be running and my 754 rig was via chipset.

It has to detect sensors and stuff. Takes me ~5 secs. Slower on AMD than on Intel for some reason.

It takes a few (5-6) secs for me to load up as well....I never thought it was a problem so I think you're ok.

5 seconds here with my system specs below

thats normal

remember it's a information program. It's not something you should have to run 90 times a day

i once read that the delay in cpu-z was the program reading the SPD on the RAM...... could be wrong but I heard that somewhere......

I beleive ULI chipsets take longer to load cpu-z

with the exact same hardware my neo 2 was maybe 5sec, with the asrock dual sata 2 its like 15sec.

On my nForces, it takes a while. On my i915PM notebook, it loads in like 3 seconds.

Back