Craigslist and Crime

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can use Craigslist to sell your stuff and find all kinds of good deals…or you can get raped, robbed and / or murdered.

Craigslist's vast network of classified-ad websites has been a boon not just to bargain hunters but also to criminals searching for victims. The San Francisco-based company has been linked to a wide range of crimes in recent years, from petty thefts to grisly murders.

Don't be so pessimistic.

It doesn't have to be or.

They can buy your crap and murder you.

Most just choose to cut out the middleman. No need to pay the guy if you're gonna have to loot his body afterwards.

Remember, meet up in a Wal Mart parking lot, bring a friend, bring a weapon if you can.

Most just choose to cut out the middleman. No need to pay the guy if you're gonna have to loot his body afterwards.

Surely there's some people out there who still have the common courtesy to proceed with the agreed-to transaction beforehand.

Surely there's some people out there who still have the common courtesy to proceed with the agreed-to transaction beforehand.

I'd rather they not get my hopes up by pretending they're not going do me harm.

Buyer: "What we're done? You're not going to kill me? Man I'm so relieved"

*BACKSTAB*

Seller: "I never really was on your side..."

Iv'e sold a few things c-list. Everytime iv'e met up with someone Iv'e had my hunting knife in my back pocket. Never turn my back to someone and just be ready to F them up first.

Although if they got a gun my chances for walking away are reduced.

Not to mention that you can apparently put an ad out on craigslist and say "Take anything in this house. It's free!" And people would believe it and loot a home. Craigslist is so crappy.

I used Craigslist once to sell something. I met the guy, I gave him the item, he paid for it.

I've always used craigslist to sell and buy items. Never had a problem. I love it.

Craigslist is nice to sell/buy cheap used stuff. Why do dumb people have to ruin it? There are plenty of other things that would be better to ruin.

not to sound all e-tough but as a man who looks like someone you dont want to mess with, I dont have much concern of someone trying to cross me

I've always used craigslist to sell and buy items. Never had a problem. I love it.

same here, I use CL all the time (for the past 5-6 years) and have yet to meet any "shady" characters

ebay can screw it

My wife never had any issues BUYING things.

My buddy sold an Ipod and he got paid with fake $20 bills, he did not realize until later that day. Yet another way to get screwed.

not to sound all e-tough but as a man who looks like someone you dont want to mess with, I dont have much concern of someone trying to cross me

Until you come across the occasional shit-fer-brains who thinks he has to pick a fight with the bigger guy, just to say he did.

Why not just put all the criminal activity on Crimelist?

Seriously, any tool can kill when used to do so.

I've met retarded...I've met how in god's name do you even manage to procreate, and i've met used library computer to post add in a variety of upper and lower case letters along with poor spelling.

i have yet to meet shady merchants. Other than clist being the cesspool of human commerce (seriously...form a coherent sentence if you want someone to buy your shit) I have had none of the afformentioned criminal issues.

Most of the time that does work for people actually. Anything that makes the crook think for a few minutes that he might not get away with it or might get hurt works in your favor. The oportunity to rob or mug you often passes by in a scant few minutes or even just seconds.

Crimebay and Crimelist are no joke. But if people used common sense, there would be far fewer cases of rapeing, robbing, and pillaging, and a whole lot fewer dead people.

Back