Craigslist Bust of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
People selling sex on Craigslist is bad enough without having a sex traffic ring with 20+ girls, several “ring leaders” and a steady stream of Craigslist ads bringing in the customers. What can be worse than that? The whole damn operation happening a few minutes from your house for the last three years. :eek:

It allegedly started in 2006. Prosecutors accuse Mujahid and Greene of being the ring leaders. Hooks allegedly owned the property the trafficking took place on, while Marshall is accused of helping to post photos of the victims on Craigslist.

I learned (after the fact) that the Korean karaoke shop across the street from my company was a prostitution front. doh!

Anybody find the statement "he forced them into prostitution with....money" as being an odd thing to include? If somebody does something for money, have you really FORCED them to do it?

I think we need to make prostitution legal (yet regulated and monitered) like some of our European friends have.

But this is America, and the idea of paying for sex seems to deeply offend most people, for who knows what reason.

It's legal.. in Nevada...

Parts of NV. I think the state law says that it's only legal in counties with less than a certain population. That's why you can't get a legal prostitute in Vegas or Reno, but if you're willing to drive out of town...

The ones I've seen on some HBO show (Cat House?) were fugly though.

Parts of NV. I think the state law says that it's only legal in counties with less than a certain population. That's why you can't get a legal prostitute in Vegas or Reno, but if you're willing to drive out of town...

The ones I've seen on some HBO show (Cat House?) were fugly though.

Oh come now, there's some decent ones on that show.... heeheheh

anyway, it needs to be legal everywhere. It would help the economy.

I don't know why anybody cares at all. If people want to buy and sell sex...so effing what? Nobody's making you partake! People need to learn not to shove their noses in where they don't belong. Effing Conservatives and Progressives, all the same.

I don't know why anybody cares at all. If people want to buy and sell sex...so effing what? Nobody's making you partake! People need to learn not to shove their noses in where they don't belong. Effing Conservatives and Progressives, all the same.

well, I can understand the health concerns, in that a restaurant has to be rated and inspected to sell food. So it would make sense that someone selling ass would also have to follow the same rules.

But it's entirely possible for it to be kept safe for everybody as a lot of places have proven already. So, with a little effort, there's no reason not to legalize it.

Except to the people who think things should be illegal because "I don't agree with it morally"

Many of the girls are forced or tricked into this. That is why we should care.

Many of the girls are forced or tricked into this. That is why we should care.

Yes, human trafficking is definitely bad.

Chicks who want to actually be prostitutes should be able to though. As long as they don't have diseases..

As a very conservative person I feel the need to correct you. It is the hard core religious right, not the "real" conservatives that are the problem.

It's illegal to pay women for sex outright, but perfectly acceptable to wine & dine 'em, showering them with expensive gifts, winning their shallow affections.

Sounds about right to me!

It's illegal to pay women for sex outright, but perfectly acceptable to wine & dine 'em, showering them with expensive gifts, winning their shallow affections.

Sounds about right to me!

Trying to think how I heard it put once. Sex is one of the few things that you can give away for free, but get arrested if you get paid for it.

ya know you can pay for it as long there's a camera present and the participants are called performers.

Back