Craigslist Used To Hire Extras For Transformers 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to be an extra in Transformers 3? The compensation is $200 a day and the location is Los Angeles, get the phone number from this Craigslist ad.

Pre Casting Starting, ***Contact Casting 1-877-464-9526*** For Background Scene work. Extras Are needed. No Experience Req. Union and Non-Union OK

"union and non union OK" .... yeah im sure theyre ok with it- but you might want to check with your hall first to see if theyre ok with you working in an unorganized shop!

$200/day isn't bad at all for temp work, but you could waste a lot of time hoping to be selected.

i called, was a little skeptical when they wanted $100 for some registration thing, so i told them i would think about it.

If I lived in LA, had nothing else to do during those shooting days, and could get anywhere near Megan Fox...doesn't sound like the worst way to kill a day.

i called, was a little skeptical when they wanted $100 for some registration thing, so i told them i would think about it.

It takes money to make money. Please send me $50 and I will send you $25 just for sending me money:D

Here's something from EntertainmentCareers.Net "How do I become an Extra Performer in Film and Television":

All you do is contact an extras casting service or director and sign up with their service. Some will charge a very nominal fee to process your headshot and paperwork, it should be around $20. Be very skeptical if someone is charging much more. It is not inappropriate to ask what movies or TV shows they have provided extras for.

I wonder if the additional $80 is to get you into SAG. I don't think it works that way, though...

$200/day is an unusually high rate for extras.

I've done some work as an extra, and I never had to pay any sort of fee to get into it, and I've never made anywhere near $200/day. You're lucky to make half that, and typically you'll make a third of that.

Hmm tempting, but Just hearing that there will be a Transformers 3 is bad enough, do I want to be in a movie with robots that seem to have a bad case of Elephantitis, or twins that represent a stereotype?

Mind you Megan is easy on the eye, and I may get paid $200 for just being in the background...damn these difficult decisions.

See these ads all the time in my local craigs list, we have film studios here as well.

They really want me as an extra for bedroom scenes with Megan Fox. :eek:

But the catch is it'd only be shown in the unrated DVD/Blu-ray version. :p

Would the extras be anywhere near Megan Fox? I'm trying to remember her scenes in Transformers 2, from what I can recall she was usually running and yelling at Shia or standing around by herself with her butt or her legs in the air... :p

They really want me as an extra for bedroom scenes with Megan Fox. :eek:

But the catch is it'd only be shown in the unrated DVD/Blu-ray version. :p
Eww, dude...she's got toe thumbs. Megan Fox is an excellent example of how celebrities can be hyped to be way, way hotter than they actually are...

Britney Spears is another good one.

Eww, dude...she's got toe thumbs. Megan Fox is an excellent example of how celebrities can be hyped to be way, way hotter than they actually are...

Maybe he has a foot fetish.

Eh, I dunno... She looks hot in the Transformer movies and a lot of her earlier photos, looks kinda skanky the way she tends to dress and wear makeup lately. I dunno if it's just a case of good touch-up artists & makeup or bad choices, or both. :p

I'm all against hype too, and I'm not all drooly drooly about Megan Fox, but her name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Britney Spears. It's like saying 'worth listening to' and 'Britney Spears' in the same sentence.

++++++++ and ditto!

I just hope that Olivia Munn doesn't hear about this -- she's nearly as bad as these other two (but she doesn't have toe thumbs).

Hey now, as bad as Britney Spears can be with her pop songs, some of her non-pop songs are actually half-way decent like 'Out from under', etc. She has a lot more talent, successful albums, etc than say any American Idol winner pretty much except for maybe Kelly Clarkson. Some of the modern music from people like Keisha's Tik Tok can barely be considered music. The lyrics are crap about getting drunk, having guys buy her drinks cause shes poor but hot and slapping boys touching her junk? yeah ohh..k. That compares to songs like a Elton John's Circle of life totallyyyy.

Perhaps Shia's car will transform into a Chevy Volt.. or if he is lucky..

transformers_2_autobots_lineup_image_001.jpg

Can't wait for July 1, 2001.. oh wait.. I can!! I am busy that weekend doing something else.. I just know I will be!!

Transformers 1 - Pretty good, especially all the Army scenes!!
Transformers 2 - Jumping the shark!!
Transformers 3 - Miking the cow dry!!

$200 to talk in front of a camera for like 5 seconds? That's a pretty good deal (assuming that they get it right on take 1).

Hey now, as bad as Britney Spears can be with her pop songs, some of her non-pop songs are actually half-way decent like 'Out from under', etc. She has a lot more talent, successful albums, etc than say any American Idol winner pretty much except for maybe Kelly Clarkson. Some of the modern music from people like Keisha's Tik Tok can barely be considered music. The lyrics are crap about getting drunk, having guys buy her drinks cause shes poor but hot and slapping boys touching her junk? yeah ohh..k. That compares to songs like a Elton John's Circle of life totallyyyy.

this turd is not bad as the other turds. :p

I don't care for American Idol stuff either.

$200/day is an unusually high rate for extras.

I've done some work as an extra, and I never had to pay any sort of fee to get into it, and I've never made anywhere near $200/day. You're lucky to make half that, and typically you'll make a third of that.

200$ is about right for a unionized extra/actor doing extra work. Not sure how it works for you Americans and SAG, but in Canada, to become unionized with ACTRA (Canadian equivalent of SAG), you must do 24 days of extra work in a span of 12 months or have a spoken role. The fee is ~75$ a year and pays itself off in the first day. Unionized workers make ~20$ an hour for the first 8 hours + 1.5x for overtime + 2.0x for double overtime. A non-unionized extra makes roughly 10 dollars an hour.

This isn't so unusual. I occasionally work as an extra and find most of the work from casting company facebook groups. I usually only make about $100/day and work long hours, but it's easy and can be pretty fun at times. Plus you get to see and sometimes talk to famous actors.

No way, MF is def. top 10 in terms of hot celebrities.

I agree with you about BS - I never thought she was hotter than the avg. un-fat girl next door.

They should have used it to find a new cast for the main characters as well

They really could've ended the movie in Part 2, but no, the good guys let the bad guys (Decepticon) get away just so they can make a Part 3. :rolleyes:

But I'll still watch it. :eek:

Back