Crashing in LOTRO after OC (stable in prime)

EscaroN

n00b
Specs:
E6600 @ 3009Mhz (334x9.0) @ 1.375v
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Bios 2504
Mushkin XP2-PC6400 2 Gigs running 835Mhz @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v

I haven't tested the system extensively, I've ran dual Prime95 Custom and Small FTT torture tests for an hour and the system seems stable, 0 errors, temps are 52C at full load. My problem is when I play LOTRO the game will crash my computer completely within 5-10 mins (however, it restarts and posts perfectly fine). I've tried running just the processor OC'd and leaving the ram at 5-5-5-15 at ~600mhz and the game seems to work fine as far as I can tell. The moment I OC my RAM even slightly the game becomes incredibly unstable. I don't understand why prime95 at full load gives me no errors but this game does. The other issue is that my Mushkin ram is rated for 4-4-3-10 @ 800Mhz 1.9-2.1v. I've seen reviews for it and all of them have been able to push the ram > 900Mhz at stock timings and stock voltage. Given, this I'm at a loss as to why I'm having problems with the game, it might be my motherboard, in which case I have no clue how to check it? Any help would be appreciated.

You need to run it for way longer than and hour. Do it for 24 hours. But I'll give you the benfit of the doubt, run memtest.

if you are hitting max temp in prime you should be fine... i also woul look into memtest.

Back