Crashing to desktop after Bf2 1.2 patch?

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone craching to desktop alot wile playing BF2 after the new 1.2 patch?

I am at least once every 30 mins... Never did before it..

My PC runs flawlessly before and after the patch. Have you checked to see if you have a heat issue with either your video card or CPU? Make sure the fans are spinning freely and the heatsinks aren't clogged with dust.

That's all I got for suggestions, aside from the usual uninstall/reinstall crap, and that sucks because of having to reconfigure all the controls again.

Tim

well im no n00b, so yea, heat is not an issue..

Weird because it was happening to me and my cusion tonight. and we both patched when we got home from work.

I have been having the same problem and had to reinstall battlefield 2 to get it to work again.

MasterOfNone said:
My PC runs flawlessly before and after the patch. Have you checked to see if you have a heat issue with either your video card or CPU? Make sure the fans are spinning freely and the heatsinks aren't clogged with dust.

That's all I got for suggestions, aside from the usual uninstall/reinstall crap, and that sucks because of having to reconfigure all the controls again.

Tim

Wow, that's RARE.

Anyways, to the OP... my friend had the same problem (and a shitload of other people). He tried to reinstall but can't because the setup freezes in the middle saying something like "Battlefield 2 did not install correct, try again." but of course it always do this so it's a continous loop of time wastage. Thought I did hear someone else had this problem, reinstalled BF2 and now it works. Try that.

yep..same here having the same problem..crashing to desktop after the patch...kinda sucks tooo..its like always when Im having a good game..

But I reinstalled...and I used the Full patch this time..hopefully its fixxed..played for like 3 hours tonite..and not a single crash..

Maybe it was the Incremental patch...not for sure

anyone know .. or notice differences from full patch.. vs .. incremental. I keep getting jitteriness on servers.. choppy really. I uninstalled bf2 .. and reinstalled.. did incremental .. still does it.
Should i uninstall again and get the full patch????

I only installed the incremental patch and just finished playing for about four hours (I have no life - or job for that matter right now). No jitters or crashes for me. Strange.

Tim

I uninstalled, reinstalled, did the full patch, and had no problems... .hmmmm....

I haven't had any CTD problems using the incremental patch. Then again my longest play session was about 1 hour 15 minutes. We'll see this weekend 'cause I'm goin' to a 24-hour LAN. :D

If you renamed the exe file for better performance and applied the patch without changing it back, it will crash to desktop.

Are you playing the expansion pack?

From DICE:
On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

maybe it affects other maps as well, not just in the expansion pack.

My friend is having the same exact problem since he patched to 1.2

I own the expansion and have all its weponds unlocked but I dont paly it. I only like 1 or 2 of the maps, and dont really liek the gameplay than the hooks and zips brough to the game.

Hopefully Euro is better.

Damm this game need some mods... POE need to get there asses in gear..

I crashed once while playing SF and experianced some lag/jitter on Mass Destruction. I have the incremental.

Blinkme323 said:
If you renamed the exe file for better performance and applied the patch without changing it back, it will crash to desktop.

What dose renameing the exe do?

Supposedly, the drivers recognize BF2.exe so they change their configuration. It tries to optimize it, but it ends up making performance worse. Renaming it can help a few fps.

Back