Aspire X-Qpack
X2 3800+
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 microatx mobo
2x1gb Crucial ballistix
NVidia 7800GTX
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300gb sata hdd
SeaSonic S12-600 PSU
Zalman 7000B Cu
Dell 2005fpw LCD (Waiting for some more coupons to drop price ~$400 hopefully)
Logitech z-530 5.1 setup
im hoping to get a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS sound card if i can afford it

I already have my Liteon dvd burner, mouse,

This PC is for gaming,encoding,general use and everything else i decide to do with it lol
I was going with an Antec NeoHE 550W but there are some issues with that PSU so i chose the Seasonic. I just chose the 600W because it is just $30 more than the 500W on the 'egg.
My budget is about $2500 including shipping.

This thread is basically about any recommendations you all have.
If you all have any better way for me to spend my money let me know :)

Going with Corsair XMS ram could save you around 50 bucks...
Ballistix at newegg - $307
Corsair XMS at newegg or zipzoomfly - $251
also another hint... zipzoomfly has always been my favorite place to order and I place many orders from them (because of my work)... they have free 2nd day air on everything except big pc cases and usually have equal or lesser prices than newegg... ;)

will definitely check out ZZF
i dont like corsair ram at all
im pretty much decided on the ram :)
what about eveything else?

everything else looks fine... if you are like most people you already have an idea of what you want and unless there all small variations or a compatibility problem you are gonna go for it... i'm sure there could save money if you use pricegrabber.com...
it looks good to me... it is very similiar to my system i'm working on... :D

yea well I do all my research etc.
I just had to ask the fellow [H] for a final review before I purchase :D
i was checking ebay but paypal doesnt like my credit card for some reason :(
whats specs r u looking at?

i bought:
Diy fragbox case
biostar tforce 6100-939
x2 4800+
Zalamn 7000 w/ led
2gig Corsair XMS
bfg 7800 gtx oc (which i would reccomend to you unlees you have your own oc'ing plans)
400gb sata barracuda
plextor 716al
vantec fan controller

had a lot of dumb problems tho... the mobo was doa but I didn't know and troubleshooted for like 8 hours and the dvdrw (which is slot loading) didn't want to give me my cd back... i finally got it tho...
I RMAd the biostar and i'm getting an ASUS a8n-vm csm...
and am gettin a replacement dvdrw (b/c reviews say it is good i think i just got a dud)...

rofl, ur dvd drive didnt want to give you ur cd back... that literally made me lol when i read that :D

im planning to OC on my own :D
the "AMD stock fan on GTX heatsink after removing plastic cover" mod

any reviews on the asus board in terms of OCing?

i don't have it yet so i have no idea... and i haven't seen anyreviews...
Soymilk said:
rofl, ur dvd drive didnt want to give you ur cd back... that literally made me lol when i read that :D

I'm confuesed as to what was so funny about it.. :confused: just the way i worded it?

Hey Crazy,
I just ordered almost the exact same machine this past weekend from newegg.

Qpack black w/windows
Antec NeoHE 480
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
A64 3700+ San Diego
1GB Geil DDR500
XFX 7800GT extreme (450/1050)
Zalman 7000-cu
Dell 2005FPW

I'm using a A64 3700+ to save a few $$, as I didn't see the benefit of a X2 quite yet. I'm going to just use the onboard sound and see if its good enough, as I only have a 2.1 speaker system right now, and I mainly game with headphones. I went with an antec NeoHE 480, and I hope that the problems with them are strictly with those asus boards. I also got the 2005FPW, and hear its just amazing. I'll probably use this setup for a while, and then upgrade to the best rated 6150/430 board, and at that point get a X2. Anyway, I'm getting all my parts from the egg tomorrow, I'll post back to this thread with how everthing works out... I'm hoping to get a bit of an overclock out of the Gigabyte board, but I don't like the fact that I can't adjust memory timings, or voltages...
Furious

Tesher said:
i don't have it yet so i have no idea... and i haven't seen anyreviews...

I'm confuesed as to what was so funny about it.. :confused: just the way i worded it?
i just imagined it was like a living person back, and ur trying to get the cd out by pushing the button but its like "no! MY cd! im not giving it back!"

yeah... i see what you mean... i have a problem of wording things in weird ways which usually causes people to laugh while i'm in the middle of a sentence... :D

yeah, sometimes i just find weird things amusing, too. like in my physics lab, when i saw our stopwatches for the first time i couldnt stop laughing. they're bright red and plastic, and w/ the way the buttons are on them, they look like fisher price toys. and when the teacher was showing them to us she explained how to use em by saying something like "to start and stop you hit the yellow button, to reset you hit the blue one". i just couldnt stop laughing, everyone around me was staring at me. i mean cmon, this is a college class. wtf r we using fisher price toys for?

well i checked out ZZF and ordered my first set of stuff. I couldnt resist the free 2nd day shipping

x2 3800+ $331
Zalman 7000B Cu $40
Arctic Silver 5 $11
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250gb $109 each
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro $109 (after$100 mail in rebate)

Im would love to hear about the gigabyte mobo OCing abilities :D
Im choosing between the gigabyte and asus 6150/430 mobo whenever ZZF has in stock
Would love to wait on DFI but my patience has had it

Im looking to get the rest of the parts (minus monitor) from newegg later on (have to recharge cred card first, 2-3 weeks at most)
and well checking for a deal on the 2005fpw :)

I hope i didnt do anything stupid by getting the ZS Plat Pro, I cudnt resist the rebate (which will be my mobo money)

nah@ SG01
too much money for a case that i most likely will cut up in the near future :D

I saw the X-Fi card as well but i chose the Plat Pro instead. Im not too fussy about sound cards and I think that the Plat Pro was a great deal. Is the X-Fi a great deal better than the ZS Plat Pro? Did I get the better deal by going with the Plat pro for $109?

bboy how is the OCing abilities of the Asus A8N-VM CSM??

I hope I can find a deal on a 7800GTX as well

Ah good deal... I still would go with the SG01 over the XQpack. I just like the looks. Hey that is your choice.

Which 7800GTX are you getting. The MSI, the BFG, the EVGA? I have the EVGA, and my bud has the MSI he won at quakecon. Both have clocked to 490/1400 on stock cooling.

Other than that I would upgrade your speakers. I just couldn't see such a nice system with those speakers. At least take the plunge for the logitech 5300's or even better the 5500's on a good sale.

no one seems to be hearing anything from DFI though
I would go with Asus :)

Im a college student, I dont have much room in my dorm for the z-5300e or 5500s and they are currently out of my budget. The z-530s are the best choice for my current situation and the price is right.The z-530s are cheap enuff for me to give to my parents/sisters if I do decide to get something more powerful later on.However I would give one last look around for a deal on the 5300s :D

A nice lady just called a while ago to confirm my order from ZZF :D nice service so far

I have not yet decided on a brand of GTX. Im looking at XFX,BFG or eVGA atm.

Im disappointed with the gigabyte as well...poor layout and no great performance :(

Treyshadow, how transportable is the 2005fpw?

CRaZYMoFo said:
Did I get the better deal by going with the Plat pro for $109?
i think you did, i have the one just below that one and it is great... the X-Fi is newer but that one should be awesome...

^^ Thanks for the confirmation :D
I get nervous when spending a lot of money lol
My only consolation is that I could probably sell anything I buy due to the neverending demand of pc stuff

Im finding quite a lot of nice deals with 7800GTs but i really want a GTX...decisions decisions...

post what you still need to buy, the prices you have found, and your budget and i'll look and let you know if i have any ideas or better prices later tonight or something... :D

EDIT: your 'remaining budget' that is... :)

Asus 6150/430 $100
Geforce 7800GTX ~$450 hoping for a deal
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) $310
ASPIRE X-QPACK $80
SeaSonic S12-600 $150
Logitech Z-530 Speakers $50
Dell 2005fpw ~$450 including shipping, hoping for a deal again

These are estimated prices excluding shipping (except the 2005fpw)

I have around $1600us remaining. I can afford all the items but I am looking for deals here and there to see if I can get some better parts for not much more money. Mainly lower prices on the 7800GTX and Dell 2005fpw, maybe an upgrade of the speakers. I think everything else is fine @ their current price.
Any other recommendations are welcome. This PC is an important one :D After this I am poor for at least 2-4 years lol

Ive been eyeing the new cooler master mATX stacker case and it looks nice, BTX style cooling and all, i might grab one over an X-QPACK- I would look into it if i were you. Gonna go with that biostar mobo too, unless the asus HAS ocing features

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...erial=RC-810&other_title=RC-810CM Stacker 810
Is this the one you speaketh of?
I prefer the Q-pack though. It is much easier to carry a qpack on a plane to fly home for christmas etc. :D

the price is also a bit over my budget lol
nice case for a crazy cooling freak like me but i need some transportable

I think I will have to get a GTX from ZZF for 460 and try to get a 2005fpw from ebay for 440 incl shipping. Will keep fingers crossed.

EDIT: I think I can get the 5300e for around $100 shipped on ebay. it all depends on what I get the monitor and GTX for.

Thanks for everyone's posts. Been a great help :D

Yes I am checking around on ebay right now. Im not ready to buy the rest of my stuff yet. i have to recharge my credit card first. I am strongly considering the 5300e lol

Any other recommendations or is my build fine?

Hmmm Portability and a 20" (effectively widescreen version of a 17") monitor.

It is a bit heavy, and you can make a makeshift carrying strap from a computer case carrying strap and a good piece of solid core foam. Since it is larger in width than the 2001FP, the geargrip I use for my 2001FP's does not really work. I did find though that the antec case straps / thermaltake case straps and a piece of 1 inch solidcore foam make a very good monitor carrier.

Sounds like a nice and simple enough "mod"
I can imagine it, I remember some guy on ebay was custom making cases for one of the Dell fpws.
Think you could hook me up with a pic? :D

Back