Creative Audigy Software, Do you use it?

PadanFain

Weaksauce
Just curious here how many use the software and what they use. I got a Audigy 2 ZS a little while back and pretty much put everything on.

How many of you just use the basic drivers? Do you install the config apps like EAX Console and Speaker settings/ect?

How many of you use media source as a media player?

If you have some form of the Audigy then let me know what you use and what not due to bloat or whatever. Just curious

The only things I install are as follows:
Graphic Equalizer
Audio HQ
EaxConsole
Restore
Speaker Settings
Surround Mixer
Drivers
Speaker Calibrator

Everything else to me is pointless and stuff I'll never use.

Well back when I had my Audigy 2, I installed the drivers, EAX console, surround mixer, and the speaker settings.

I didn't really find a use for that MediaSource program or whatever else they put on there. And make sure you remove those stupid AOL icons they put in your Start menu and Favorites.

Scroatdog said:
You notice a big increase in quality with those drivers?? How about bugs/bugginess?? Any?
I think the quality improved, it may just be in my mind, I do think the bass sounds better now though. The only issues are a quiet hiss I hear very briefly during the bootscreen when I restart my computer. Also, right after installing the drivers I had to uncheck the "swap front and back speakers" option that is on by default, so it sounds great now.

The online driver package is all you need, just like any other piece of hardware. It includes its own configuration panel (CTpanel.exe) buried in the Creative directory, that will configure every single option available, from speaker setup to EAX settings.

It amazes me that still to this day most people do not know about CTpanel.exe, and instead punish themselves through Audigy CD bloatware horror (granted, I haven't checked around the audio communities much lately, maybe word has finally spread). You don't need any of those applications at all to change settings, I've safely thrown mine away into the garbage.

Abysmal said:
The online driver package is all you need, just like any other piece of hardware. It includes its own configuration panel (CTpanel.exe) buried in the Creative directory, that will configure every single option available, from speaker setup to EAX settings.

It amazes me that still to this day most people do not know about CTpanel.exe, and instead punish themselves through Audigy CD bloatware horror (granted, I haven't checked around the audio communities much lately, maybe word has finally spread). You don't need any of those applications at all to change settings, I've safely thrown mine away into the garbage.

Cool tip about the CTpanel.exe.
I guess I was one of those not knowing about it. :)

i install everything. i noticed no difference whether you install just the drivers or all the apps.

Back