Creative Titanium HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
During this year's Black Friday weekend I purchased a new ZXR thinking it would be a worthy upgrade from my Titanium HD. Fact of the matter is that I am starting to come down with a case of buyers remorse. At any rate, I will keep the ZXR if for no other reason that it is Red and Black. Yepp... Having said that I figured I figured I would give someone else a shot with this stellar sound card since most people seem to be going crazy for the (inferior, IMO) Z / ZX deals as of late.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301033296855

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I upgraded to the ZXR from my Titanium. Any reason you're having regrets? I am loving mine.

Good luck with the sale rene, I understand completely with the sound quality not being what the Titanium HD offered. The ZxR is great in games, but once out of games :/ And then it's inability to provide the claimed ampage for 600ohm headphones.. Buyers remorse here too, but that was solved by selling it :p

I have the Zx and honestly i dont like it.

Ill give this bid a shot. Not gonna go very high tho.

Edit well that was short lived, at 60 and an autobid keeps going..

Good luck winner.

I upgraded to the ZXR from my Titanium. Any reason you're having regrets? I am loving mine.

In a few weeks time, I was hoping to migrate to itx. Before the year ends what I had in mind was to get an EVGA Hadron and cram my GPU in there. For sound I was talking myself into getting something external like the Schiit Loki since itx boards have but one PCIE slot.

Then I stumbled upon the ZXR and that is when my plans flew out the window. Last year I traded in a perfectly working Titanium Fatal1ty Pro for a Z (vanilla). I promptly returned the Z because of how marginal of an upgrade it proved to be. At the time I also recall feeling like I purchased a downgrade because it did not have ASIO support and a few other things that escape me at the moment. I then purchased the Ti-HD and have been happy as happy can be. Everything sounds like a marked improvement over what I had before. So much so that I do not think I could ever go back to using anything less.

The ZXR was simply a deal I could not pass up is all. It is, at best, a marginal side-grade but at least it comes with the added convenience of swapping outputs via software. That and the whole "red" thing goes great with what I now have in mind. It is yet another example of buying before thinking things through. I seem to be doing a lot of that as of late.

:(

Edit well that was short lived, at 60 and an autobid keeps going..

I sure do appreciate that! Thank you everyone.

:D

Can you end auction so i can get it sooner hahaha.

:D

After reading this I am getting cold feet. Should I just have sold/sell it here on [H] instead?

While I think on that, I need to read up on ZxR Op Amps. I am thinking I will go with TO-99 ones instead of DIP8 - even if it means I can not use the EMI shield.

:(

Yeah get cold feet and end the auction!

Ill buy it :)

Need to get rid of my Zx, its not what i expected.

Yepp. I think from now on I will put my stuff on [H] first and then eBay. I am going to go look around and see if I can not find the original Op Amps and the Receipt tomorrow. I would imagine such things could come in handy for the person who ends up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back