Creative X-FI Release Date?

EmptyFlame

Weaksauce
Has anyone heard anything about this? Not looking for anything specific, maybe just a quarterly release schedule or something.

It'll be interesting to see the cost and how it actually performs ...

Considering Creative is now sponsoring Quakecon, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it then.

Considering the Audigy4 is over 200$ USD Im betting they will be equally proud of it.

obs said:
Considering Creative is now sponsoring Quakecon, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it then.

Check out this interview transcript.

Here is a quote from FATAL1TY regarding QuakeCon:

"However, I will be there to promote our new sound card from Creative that we're coming out with and also with some new products that will launch later this year!"

Any of you guys actually thinking of buying one? :confused: 200+tax more then some processors.. :eek:

Jasonx82 said:
Any of you guys actually thinking of buying one? :confused: 200+tax more then some processors.. :eek:

I have no way of knowing but that's not Creative's style. They will launch a Budget/Value, Mid-Level (maybe two models) and then High end (maybe two models as well). The one to watch will be the Mid Level Model. They might do their launch at $119 then settle in at a comfortable $99 price range if the follow past routes.

Donnie27

Creative always launches the top end echelon, then goes down from there, you have it backwards. Been that way long as they've been making sound cards, y0.

Slider19 said:
I'm hoping for it drive down the price of the Audigy 2 a little.

possibly, but the company cert. refurbs are $60 anyways, so perhaps they'll push the brand new ones down to this price range

Back