Crippling internet usage in Canada

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I felt that this should be addressed.

for those that haven't heard of it, bell canada (a canadian ISP) wishes to limit monthly caps to 25GB for ALL ISPs, thereby crippling our internet usage. the government wishes to overturn this and wants to allow ISPs to offer whatever they want (i.e. unlimited at a reasonable price).

if you're canadian, please vote now :) :

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/insidepolitics/2011/02/question-of-the-day-283.html

I have a feeling Shaw might resist this movement. I'm hoping at least ;)

Shaw resist? HAHAHA. Screw Shaw.

PS - This has been overruled. You're late to the party :D.

I have a feeling Shaw might resist this movement. I'm hoping at least ;)

I'm on shaw, and love their service, if they did it, id be pissed. However it was all dropped :)

what they really should do is go after the kids / people that spend 10000 hours a month downloading torrents and hogging bandwidth.

Shaw resist? HAHAHA. Screw Shaw.

PS - This has been overruled. You're late to the party :D.

I've been using shaw for years with absolutely zero issues.

I'm on shaw, and love their service, if they did it, id be pissed. However it was all dropped :)

what they really should do is go after the kids / people that spend 10000 hours a month downloading torrents and hogging bandwidth.

Wasn't aware that it had already been dropped, that sure didn't take long :D

I agree with you entirely. Not saying I don't torrent, but I'm responsible with it ;)

I've been using shaw for years with absolutely zero issues.

Wasn't aware that it had already been dropped, that sure didn't take long :D

I agree with you entirely. Not saying I don't torrent, but I'm responsible with it ;)

Shaw must be A LOT different where you are then. Where I live it's horrendous.

Can the Canadian Government do anything about Charter? If it helps, my wife is Canadian and has to have Charter service.

Last edited:
I'm glad this was dropped. If this happened it would be devistating, and put us in the dark ages.

Back