Crucial 2gb DDR2 667 micron D9FTB results

xkon

[H]ard|Gawd
Was contemplating 4gb kit of ocz sli edition ram @ $90. got 2 of these at fry's for $49.99 - $30mir = $19.99 each. so $40 bucks for 4gb after mir. Not bad for D9FTB. So far 450 is not stable; 400 is though. got 4-2-2-6 2t @ 2.2v (it doesn't like CAS 3). Going to go lower latencies, and see if it's stable at all. still lookin for a 680i to play with. hopefully i can oc better with that.

are you sure it's D9FTB? that stuff is based on the revA die.. same as the fatbodies of old... which makes no sense since it should have been out of production long ago

are you sure it's D9FTB? that stuff is based on the revA die.. same as the fatbodies of old... which makes no sense since it should have been out of production long ago

they are very much like fat bodies. them are some fat IC's. Thought i'd gotten DDR1 ram when i first saw them, but it is ddr2. So far 4 of my crucial ddr2 667 sticks have come with them (two 1gb single sided sticks from newegg, and two 2gb double sided sticks from frys). they don't oc as well as godly d9gmh, and d9gkx, but eh, for 4gb kits i guess they do ok. they supposedly scale well with voltage as discussed at xtremesystems.

i retract my statement from before. 4-6-6-5 works, but not 4-1-1-5 or 4-2-2-5 as they would allow me to set it in bios, but would not show in windows. now i'm using f7 bios for my board, and it will hardly let me OC to 400 so i'm getting frustrated (i've had it at 490+ before). i'm going to go play with bioses.

try pushing 4-3-3 as far as you can with like 2.3v and good cooling ;)

wish i could... 2.2v is max my board will go. gigabyte ga-g33m-ds2r. just got it back onto f4a bios and it's running 4-6-6-5 again at 400. hmm...

good cooling? hehe... uhh... i have a zalman ZM-NBF47 on the northbridge, a coolermaster gemin II, and 3x 120x20mm yate loons all in a silverstone sg03. Not the best setup, but cpu doesn't get above 52C's too often so i don't think it's too bad. not sure if it's sufficient for this though.. ;p

edit: doh! realized you might be talkin bout chipset voltage and not ram voltage... well... not sure anyways.

i definitely am talking about ram voltage, though i am confused as to why you're giving me cpu temps when it's the memory that you're pushing. always use lots of airflow over the ram when you're pushing them, especially in the 2.2v and up range ;)

i definitely am talking about ram voltage, though i am confused as to why you're giving me cpu temps when it's the memory that you're pushing. always use lots of airflow over the ram when you're pushing them, especially in the 2.2v and up range ;)

doh! my mind's not in the right place today. not a good day to be messing with bios settings right? hehe. i've got one fan blowing down on the ram, and another blowing across it. anyhow. 4-3-3-5 works. awesome. thanks for the advice! cpuz validated

I'm a major advocate of cooling ram at all times. Even if you have "decent" cooling in the rest of the case and good air flow through out it seems that the area around the memory sticks can be quiet a dead zone for air & depending on how the sticks are situated 1 might effectively block air from the other.

I use 2 fans on my ram at all times. Have been doing so for a while now, regardless of the voltage I'm running in them. Generally I can't claim that temps killed my kits as 30c is about as high as I've seen them at 2.178v

*also for note check to see if you can adjust your tRD & tRC timings in your memory

I found that lowering my tRC gave me a healthy boost in bandwidth - close to what I get from running T1 vs T2

I'm a major advocate of cooling ram at all times. Even if you have "decent" cooling in the rest of the case and good air flow through out it seems that the area around the memory sticks can be quiet a dead zone for air & depending on how the sticks are situated 1 might effectively block air from the other.

I use 2 fans on my ram at all times. Have been doing so for a while now, regardless of the voltage I'm running in them. Generally I can't claim that temps killed my kits as 30c is about as high as I've seen them at 2.178v

*also for note check to see if you can adjust your tRD & tRC timings in your memory

I found that lowering my tRC gave me a healthy boost in bandwidth - close to what I get from running T1 vs T2

ok. will do. yah... i've never really had trouble with ram overheating, but that's because i've always been a nut and had a fan blowing on them anyhow. as for the tRD and tRC i'll look into it. everest doesnt list either though. i see...
CL - 4T
trCD - 3t
trP - 3T
tRAS - 5t
tRFC - 52T
CR - 2t
tRRD - 3T
tWR - 13t
etc etc. was going to list them all, but have to run out for a bit. bbl.

try dropping tRFC instead. it's related to tRC, so if you can't change that one, maybe the BIOS automatically adjusts it based on what tRFC is. be sure to run some memory benches while tweaking the ram to keep track of progress :D

try dropping tRFC instead. it's related to tRC, so if you can't change that one, maybe the BIOS automatically adjusts it based on what tRFC is. be sure to run some memory benches while tweaking the ram to keep track of progress :D

what would be a reasonable drop? should i just go straight to 12? lol.

worst that'll happen is it doesn't boot

just keep in mind that lower isn't always faster ;)

I hope I'm not speaking out of my ass on this one since I don't have personal experience, but from what I've read, crucial has started using these high density micron chips in their new 1gb stick lines. I've read of a lot of people who have tried running 2.1-2.2v on their ballistix 8500's for a week, and already had their sticks blow up. Just word of caution if it's of any use

Back