Crucial Ballistix 4GB vs OCZ Platinum rev. 2 4GB for overclocking... Crucial > ocz?

kaluminati

Gawd
I've already got the OCZ ram, as it was my original 2GB I bought a year ago. In vista x64, after adding a q6600 (G0), it decided it couldn't boot into windows without changing the ram timings to non-stock 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v. Before in a dual core e6400, it didn't have a problem running the 4-4-4-15 stock timing.

It is not too late to return the 2nd set of 2GB ocz, and reason I'm thinking of doing this is so I can order a 4GB set of the super cheap Crucial Ballistix ( http://www.buy.com/prod/crucial-bal...-ddr2-memory/q/loc/101/202541818.html#cRevSec )

From what little I've read, the ballstix are fantastic for overclocking, but again it's been little, and I haven't seen too many negatives on these OCZs aside from my own. However I have not yet tried to OC with the 4GB, but I will pretty soon here.

If you were in my position would you go with the ballistix? And does anyone have any good experience with these OCZ's and doing some heavy overclocking with them? My board is an abit pro p35, psu corsair HX620.

Back