Crucial Ballistix pc4000??

IffY

Weaksauce
any new news on these sticks?? i was gonna pick up 2x512 but im not sure if they are worth it over the patriot/kingston if they die out as quickly as the old stock.

their getting pretty good reviews on newegg from people but im still a bit skeptical. thnx for the personal heads up.

ill tell you how my pc3200 stuff fares :p i should be getting it tomorrow or monday...

/me waits for eclipse :p

in all honesty, i think you should save some money and get the pc3200 :p youll nodoubt achieve the same results BUT you save money :D

actually, the price difference is like 10$ only, so i thought id just go for whats already ready rated for the higher speeds.

with a good board and proper tuning, it's possible to get the pc3200 stuff over 300mhz.. ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
with a good board and proper tuning, it's possible to get the pc3200 stuff over 300mhz.. ;)
i figured as much :p whats the average tmings itll run at 250mhz? :p havent spent tiem tuning yet so im runnign a divider :p

dont have a good board, so that would limit me to begin with. guess ill give the 4000 a shot and see what i can accomplish with it for now. im looking more for folding stability than anything else, g/l with yours omega :cool:

IffY said:
dont have a good board, so that would limit me to begin with. guess ill give the 4000 a shot and see what i can accomplish with it for now. im looking more for folding stability than anything else, g/l with yours omega :cool:
ummm the dfi lan parties are incredible 0_0 :p

/me waits for eclipse :p

See sig:

I got mine to 235 on 2.7 volts with lax timings. I didnt really push any farther as I was strapped for time. I've been thinking about trying to get them to run 240 at 2.75v maybe. If so, I can run my CPU at 240 x 11 and have higher bandwidth :)

They are excellent <3 Ballistix

0mega said:
i figured as much :p whats the average tmings itll run at 250mhz? :p havent spent tiem tuning yet so im runnign a divider :p
all 6 of the sticks i've owned do 250mhz or better at 2.5-2-2.. the older sticks needed 2.9-3.0v for that, the newer ones needed 2.6-2.7v for 250mhz

o rly? :p

it was being an ass trying to post with 1t timings at stock... which i thought was slightly odd <_<

i think ill try again :p later :p

[edit] so far running happily @ 245 2.5-2-2-10

stealing this from mark's site.. might wanna have a look at the timings he used for 2.5-2-2 ;)

1_107.png

Back