Crucial Ballistix Tracer memory LED on

tronmaster

Limp Gawd
I just noticed last night that after I shut down my computer, the memory LED lights were still on. I had to leave work this morning and they were still on I guess through the night. Since I was not sure what is wrong, I turn off the power supply and pulled the AC plug. Surprisingly, the LED lights on all the memory sticks were still on!

I am hoping it's nothing serious since I am not home, but anyone has any ideas why the LED lights would be just on?

Prior to this the OS was working fine. I did not experience any "blue screen of death.' I did do the Microsoft 22 updates for the month though but that was Wednesday night but I didn't use the computer till Thursday night. Hmmm?

probably some residual capacitor charge. My dad loves them on his lol.

I read somewhere that unrelated to memory but to other LED lights on the computer, that it may be the USB hub that is connected "powering" the LED lights. I did accidentally leave my USB flash drive connected and did notice that the blue LED light on the flash drive was on too even though the computer did shut down.

I didn't think of the USB so I didn't shut down all power to the accessories only to the computer itself. Just want to make sure it's okay to have the LED lights on, they were not blinking, just on.

This is an update, it was a new connection from my U2711 to the Asus video card. I wanted to use the display port on my Dell but I needed to purchase a display port to mini-display port connection. Somehow the cable was still giving off power even though a little to the led lights to the memory stick and one light on the motherboard.

Back